Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Canon IR 1730 ADF issue, original stops halfway thru - "check your document" error

Hello,
    The ADF in my Canon 1730 stopped working recently. The originals feeding operation stops right on the first paper sheet half way thru, when the paper stops moving, I still can see the pickup roller turning for a few more seconds, then it stops. I looked online and since I saw somewhere they recommended replacing Feed roller unit and separation pad to solve ADF issues, so I did, but unfortunately that didn't change anything and I still have the same problem. On the LCD display I get a message "Check your document" when the ADF error happens, if I go to the copy error log details it shows NG #853. I'm not sure what should I try next in order to fix this problem. Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you!
    Norberto

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IR 1730 ADF issue, original stops halfway thru - "check your document" error

Re: Canon IR 1730 ADF issue, original stops halfway thru - "check your document" erro

Quote Originally Posted by betto2000 View Post
    Hello,
    The ADF in my Canon 1730 stopped working recently. The originals feeding operation stops right on the first paper sheet half way thru, when the paper stops moving, I still can see the pickup roller turning for a few more seconds, then it stops. I looked online and since I saw somewhere they recommended replacing Feed roller unit and separation pad to solve ADF issues, so I did, but unfortunately that didn't change anything and I still have the same problem. On the LCD display I get a message "Check your document" when the ADF error happens, if I go to the copy error log details it shows NG #853. I'm not sure what should I try next in order to fix this problem. Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you!
    Norberto

are u sending secure prints ??
    what print driver are u using ?
    ===============================================
    ADF issue

imageRUNNER 1730 / 1740 / 1750
    Check Document Message is Occurring

Problem :

Originals stop part way through the feeder and the message “check document” appears on the display.

Solution :

If this issue occurs, make sure Sensor PS28 in the Feeder has not become dislodged.

imageRUNNER 1730 / 1740 / 1750

The Paper partially Feeds into the Document Feeder, Then a 'Check Document' Message is Displayed

Problem :

The paper partially feeds into the document feeder, then a 'Check document' message is being displayed on the control panel.

The reversal sensor PS28 was inspected and tested
    , -----but the paper still fed in partially and stopped.

Solution :

Replacing the Paper Feed Assembly, part number FM4-7736-000, resolved the 'Check Document' message.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: Canon IR 1730 ADF issue, original stops halfway thru - "check your document" erro

Quote Originally Posted by betto2000 View Post
    Hello,
    Norberto
    There is a flag out of place. You have to remove the adf feed assembly to get to it. I have done a couple of them. Must be easy to knock out. Put it back in place by removing feed assembly (easy to do) and go under it to put flag back in place.

Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    There is a flag out of place. You have to remove the adf feed assembly to get to it. I have done a couple of them. Must be easy to knock out. Put it back in place by removing feed assembly (easy to do) and go under it to put flag back in place.
    Thank you so much for the information! I'm going to try out this soon and report back. I have a couple of questions in the meantime. How do I identify the flag out of place? Is this the same as sensor PS28 that teckat refers in his post and shows in the diagram?

Talking Re: Canon IR 1730 ADF issue, original stops halfway thru - "check your document" erro

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

are u sending secure prints ??
    what print driver are u using ?
    ===============================================
    ADF issue
    Thank you for the detailed info! I'm not sending any secure prints and I have the normal UFRII driver installed.

My issue only happens when trying to copy an original from the ADF tray. I was going to ask you if you have any advice regarding how to access the sensor PS28 and what does it look like. I'm wondering if it is the same thing that dan7777 refers to as "flag" in his post. I understand now from there that I need to remove the adf feed assembly to look into all this. Thanks again!

https://youtu.be/xTXMTIZMhXg
    HOW TO REPLACE CANON IR400/IR1730 ADF FEED REPAIR KIT

================================================== =====================

https://printcopy.info/?mod=pc&brand=Canon&model=iR1730&page=30

PS28.jpg

While your opening up the ADF, inspect the paperpath carefully. Dont be to focussed on just the flag.
    I've encountered paperclips and sweets, even keys in the ADF, thus obstructing the paper. People seem to drop the weirdest things in the ADF.
    Johan

Quote Originally Posted by JPiek View Post
    While your opening up the ADF, inspect the paperpath carefully. Dont be to focussed on just the flag.
    I've encountered paperclips and sweets, even keys in the ADF, thus obstructing the paper. People seem to drop the weirdest things in the ADF.

including condoms

I can't...Won't.... imagine what they where doing to get it there...
    Johan

Quote Originally Posted by JPiek View Post
    I can't...Won't.... imagine what they where doing to get it there...

copy.jpg