Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Imageclass MF8580

Imageclass MF8580

New customer called and said they are getting message "paper size & settings mismatch drawer 1". They talked to canon tech support before calling me. Canon had them try different things and didn't help. I work mostly on Kon/Min but have worked on Canon equip but not a lot on the small models.

They said it is consistent and does it printing or copying. 3 or 4 sheets will print then stop with the message, customer resets it and it will print a few more and stop with message.

Any help appreciated. Hate to turn away new business.

Thanks in advance

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Imageclass MF8580

Re: Imageclass MF8580

After going out and confirming what the customer said it was doing I didn't see anything wrong. It did it almost every time, with size message and / or indicating paper jam. All sensors seem fine went ahead and blew out sensors Paper feed roller fine. Machine only about 2 yrs old and hardly used in a home office. If anyone can send me the serv manual it would be greatly appreciated. I couldn't find manual from my usual resources. Nothing on google.

Thanks

Re: Imageclass MF8580

I had the issue on serveral MF's, can't recall the exact model... Seems to be an issue with these machines. If you check the normal stuff, settings, paperdrawer, sensors, there's not much you can do.

Machines at my customers site where out of warranty, one by one they where tossed aside because of this.

They also started "Cleaning" in the middle of every second or so printjob. But they used cheap refilled cartrides. Because the printer kept yelling the cartrides where end of live and still 60% full...

Thank god I didn't sell them that stuff
    Johan