Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Canon C9065 Pro Solid Black Printing

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your help here. You guys are great!!

Can anyone help me get the Post Script Driver for my Canon C9065 Pro to print solid black for text? I have tried about every combination in the "Expert Settings" of the Color tab with no success. On the PCL6 Driver I can make it print solid black using "Line Control (Gray Compensation)," but I cannot get the PS driver to work. I really need this for some jobs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS I am using the A1 print driver to control the printer through the Fiery unit attached to the back of the machine.

Thank you so much for your help.

Sincerely,
    Berean

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon C9065 Pro Solid Black Printing

Re: Canon C9065 Pro Solid Black Printing

Quote Originally Posted by Berean View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your help here. You guys are great!!

Can anyone help me get the Post Script Driver for my Canon C9065 Pro to print solid black for text? I have tried about every combination in the "Expert Settings" of the Color tab with no success. On the PCL6 Driver I can make it print solid black using "Line Control (Gray Compensation)," but I cannot get the PS driver to work. I really need this for some jobs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS I am using the A1 print driver to control the printer through the Fiery unit attached to the back of the machine.

Thank you so much for your help.

Sincerely,
    Berean

Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5051/C5045/C5035/C5030 e-Manual - Pure Black Text

PS DRIVER____Pure Black Text

On*, Off

This setting affects the printout for black (R=G=B=0% or C=M=Y=100%/Bk=N% or C=M=Y=0%/Bk=100%) text on a page. Under most circumstances it is preferable to leave this option set to [On].
    If [On] is selected, black colours generated by applications are printed using only 100% black toner. This means that the colour toner will not be misaligned since only one toner colour (black) is used.

If [Off] is selected, the black text is printed using CMYK toners based on the selected Output Profile setting. For some jobs, it is preferable to turn this option [Off].

Remark
    • The function is not available if 'Resolution' is set to [1200 dpi].

• Depending on the data to be printed, 'Toner Save' may not be applied even if [On] is selected.
    • If [On] is selected for 'Toner Save', very light or finely detailed images may not be printed clearly.
    ================================================== ====================

RGB Pure Black Process

On, Off*

This setting enables you to specify how black and gray data with the equivalent ratio of R to G to B should be processed when device dependent RGB data is converted into device dependent CMYK data using the 'RGB Source Profile' of the machine.
    If [On] is selected, black and gray data with the equivalent ratio of R to G to B is printed using the black (K) toner only, regardless of the selected "Output Profile" setting.
    If [Off] is selected, black and gray data with the equivalent ratio of R to G to B is printed using CMYK toners based on the selected "Output Profile" setting.

Remark
    • If you can see gradations or jagged lines in the printouts of black or gray data, select [Off] in RGB Pure Black Process and select [Normal] for 'Output Profile'.

• In combination with certain settings, black and gray data with the equivalent ratio of R to G to B may be printed using the black (K) toner only, even if [Off] is selected. The following are examples.

• When [On] is selected for "Pure Black Text"

• When [None] is selected for "RGB Source Profile"

• When [TR Normal] or [TR Photo] is selected for "Output Profile"

• When "Use 100% GCR Profile" in the printer driver is selected
    • If [None] is selected for "RGB Source Profile", the RGB Pure Black Process setting is n

================================================== ===============
    CMYK Pure Black Process

On, Off*

This setting enables you to specify how monochrome data (C=M=Y=0) should be printed when the device dependent CMYK data is processed using the 'CMYK Simulation Profile' of the machine.
    If [On] is selected, monochrome data (C=M=Y=0) is printed using the black (K) toner only, regardless of the selected 'Output Profile' setting.
    If [Off] is selected, monochrome data (C=M=Y=0) is printed using CMYK toners based on the selected 'Output Profile' setting.

Remark
    • In combination with certain settings, monochrome data (C=M=Y=0) may be printed using the black (K) toner only, even if [Off] is selected. The following are examples.

• When [On] is selected for "Pure Black Text"

• When [None] is selected for "CMYK Simulation Profile"

• When [TR Normal] or [TR Photo] is selected for "Output Profile"

• When "Use 100% GCR Profile" in the printer driver is selected
    • If [None] is selected for "CMYK Simulation Profile", the CMYK Pure Black Process setting is not applied.

================================================== =================
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**