Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: IR Adv C7065

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

IR Adv C7065

Went to a machine with light copies from half way to back with black only. The drum and dev were way over on counts. Replaced drum ,dev,wire,grid, I am still getting light prints . What I don't understand is moving the prime wire up or down does not seem to change the density ????? Any other suggestions.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

Re: IR Adv C7065

Post a sample picture

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    IR Adv C7065

copier>function>install>td-ac4
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Senior Tech 250+ Posts ReproKev's Avatar

I've had a similar problem that ended up being the grounding flanges inside the drum not making contact with the drum shaft.

Pull out the drum and make sure the metal tabs inside near the rear are bent towards the center.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ReproKev View Post
    I've had a similar problem that ended up being the grounding flanges inside the drum not making contact with the drum shaft.

Pull out the drum and make sure the metal tabs inside near the rear are bent towards the center.
    OK I will try that I'm printing out using test patter 5 I just don't understand how moving the prime wire alot does not seem to make a difference on the prints

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Here's a few ideas, pull out the dev unit and see if it has an even coverage of toner, sometimes the black mylar strip can get caught, or in shipping the dev unit the starter mix can get shunted to one end, then just redistribute. Check that primary wire is in the notch on the posts. Look at transfer roller in itb, the pin can pop out. Clear your shading correction values just in case your customer was playing around in there too.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NorthW View Post
    Here's a few ideas, pull out the dev unit and see if it has an even coverage of toner, sometimes the black mylar strip can get caught, or in shipping the dev unit the starter mix can get shunted to one end, then just redistribute. Check that primary wire is in the notch on the posts. Look at transfer roller in itb, the pin can pop out. Clear your shading correction values just in case your customer was playing around in there too.
    Development unit seems fine the solids are really good like when doing test pattern 10 it looks good and solid fnt to back the issue is on gray scales

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NorthW View Post
    Development unit seems fine the solids are really good like when doing test pattern 10 it looks good and solid fnt to back the issue is on gray scales

Or is it 5 either way solids look OK

Senior Tech 100+ Posts onlyinnewfoundland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by viczulis View Post

Or is it 5 either way solids look OK
    Sounds like somebody messed with the shading correction...

Try going into settings/reg>adjustments/maintenance>adjust image quality>shading correct>visual correction

There should be a button to initialize it

Then try auto-correct color mismatch followed by full auto-grad.

I've had to reset the shading correction before even though it was all at zero anyway.