Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Canon ImagePress C7000VP - Installation Assistance Needed

Re: Canon ImagePress C7000VP - Installation Assistance Needed

Quote Originally Posted by NorthW View Post
    Other than the green light on the control panel what do you hear on power up?
    The only sounds I hear seem to be the normal mechanical noise of the machine being powered up (fans activating, gears/wheels turning, etc..). No unusual mechanical or electrical warning sounds come out of it. What you hear in the video above is the actual sound of the machine.

All the external cables I'm able to see between lower end of main unit and sub unit are properly connected, no loose cables whatsoever. So is the paper stacker, which has its own 110v power cable and one coaxial cable connected to the main unit.

If my 3-phase, 208V, 30A line provides the correct amount of power -which seems correct as per Canon's website- my guess is that the problem relies in one or more of the cables housed inside the power unit. I'll look into this and post what I've found out after opening the power unit's cover.

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts

Check please your PM.
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Power requirements for the imagePRESS C7000VP

The marking engine will require a 3-phase 208V/30A outlet.

Along with this update, the electrical plug shape has been changed (
    actual plug number is NEMA L21-30).

This increased amount of power is needed to run the new and advanced technologies found inside the press.

In addition,
    The POD Deck - A1 will require only one 208V/15A outlet, regardless of the number of POD Decks connected.

The
    High Capacity Stacker - C1 will require an 115V/15A outlet, regardless if one or two stackers are connected at once.

The
    Saddle Finisher - AB2, Finisher - AB1, and Booklet Trimmer - C1 will require only one 208V/15A outlet, regardless if the trimmer is connected or not.

The
    Puncher Unit - V1, Document Insertion Unit - C1, DADF - R1, Color Image Reader - H1, and Paper Deck - A1 will not require any additional outlets.

================================================== ==============
    The proper power at the wall recepticle for a imagePRESS C7000VP should be checked as follows:

NOTE: Power should be 208 +/- 10%.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

*Make sure in service mode Copier/Option/ACCPT-D, or ACCPST-P that the options are added in the correct order and that the status is set to 1.
    *Check the Arcnet connection to all accessories and make sure it is terminated at both ends.

NOTE:Here's an easy and quick way to check the arcnet bus:
    Disconnect the arcnet cables from each end of the bus and make a continuity check from end to end.
    The reading should be about 1 to 1.5 ohms.

* If the arcnet bus is open (measures infinity) start troubleshooting by checking each cable section for continuity until the problem is found.
    Here's an example of an arcnet cable where the outer ring was pulled causing the inner contact to slip into the cabling resulting in no contact with the coupling between the marking engine and the substation:

* If the arcnet checks good try replacing the terminators with brand new ones.
    Be sure to order the correct terminators, the impedance is different on some arcnet buses such as the iR110 series.

NOTE: The impedance of the terminators on the arcnet bus on the imagePRESS VP series is 75ohms. However, we have confirmed that you can have a bad terminator and still measure 75ohms, the recommendation is to replace the terminators at both ends regardless.

* If the previous checks are all good and you have replaced the terminators next try replacing the transceiver pcb's, there will be one on each accessory and one located behind the DC Controller pcb 1 on the Marking Engine.

PART NUMBER REFERENCE:

* Terminator: WS6-5201-000
    * Interface PCB Assy for High Capapcity Stacker C-1 : FM2-6168-000 (same part number for marking engine and all accessories)
    * Cable, Interface: FM2-5756-000

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts

Any updates?
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks for following up - I did review the information provided, which is right on point, and will look into the internal wiring as soon as I have enough time, likely next week at some point

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I just waned to let everyone know that I couldn't look into this issue yet but the information you provided is right on point. Once I have enought time to move my system I'll update this thread. Thank you.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zoraldinho View Post
    Power station is attached on main station.Sub station is connected with arcnet and communication cable.
    If you wont detach power from main,then must remove all connectors and video cables,
    Remove rear panel from power station.
    Remove screw from the picture.

Attachment 37684

Power station dont need to be removed if it's already mounted.Do you have enough power? 3phase,400v, 32 amp?
    Check 3 communicaton connectors.they easily change to each other.maybe you've cconnected machine only with one power cable?

in south Africa before we even sell one of these machines a site inspection is done and client needs to put a clean 3 phase power point in.very important.anything less will result in power issue

Just a simple question: Have you checked your ground connection?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I'm confident the 3 phase installation is legit. I don't rule out the possibility of some bad internal wiring existing behind the fuse box because it's an old building, but the 3 phase line from the box to the press is clean.
    I'll start by making sure the machine is properly connected. If it still doesn't respond, I'll dig deeper down the main powerline.