Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

can c350i E301-1

changed parts suggested in SM. cleared Rcon and manually input settings from Pprint as recommended in TP. any suggestions?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    can c350i  E301-1

Re: can c350i E301-1

Quote Originally Posted by dsutton13 View Post
    changed parts suggested in SM. cleared Rcon and manually input settings from Pprint as recommended in TP. any suggestions?

just in case this info is need by any help here ----

Try and reload Firmware ??????????

imageRUNNER ADVANCE C350 series

E301 0001 04
    Reading light intensity error
    Detection
    1. Light intensity at shading was insufficient.
    2. Light intensity when no light was emitted from CIS was too much.

Remedy [Related parts] -
    --Flexible Cable between the Scanner Unit (CIS01, CIS02/ J911) and the Main Controller PCB (UN81/J8101) (Unit of replacement: CABLE, FLAT)
    --Scanner Unit (CIS01/CIS02) (Unit of replacement: CONTACT IMAGE SENSOR ASSEMBLY)
    --Main Controller PCB (UN81) (Unit of replacement: MAIN CONTROLLER PCB ASSEMBLY)

[Points to note at work]
    When checking the harness/cable or connector, perform the following work.
    1. Disconnect and then connect the connector to check that there is no bent pin and cable disconnection.
    2. Visually check that the harness is not caught or open circuit.
    3. If there is any error, replace the corresponding harness/cable.

[Remedy] Check/replace the related parts.
    [Caution] The parts numbers of the Scanner Unit are different between iR-ADV C250 and C350. Be sure to use the correct one

================================================== ==================================
    E301-0001 Error Code

Error :

Images scanned off the Platen Glass were pixelated (see below). At the completion of a scan from the glass, the printer would display a E301-0001 error code. Images scanned through the DADF were fine. Network and internal prints would output with no issue. The ITB assembly, Contact Image Sensor and Flat Cable, as well as the Main Controller were replaced with no change. The values for the Platen Glass under COPIER>ADJUST>CCD>W-PLT-X, W-PLT-Y and W-PLT-Z were correct. Clearing MMI (COPIER>FUNCTIO>CLEAR>MMI) and MN-CON (COPIER>FUNCTION>CLEAR>MN-CON) had no effect.

Clearing the Reader Controller (COPIER>FUNCTION>CLEAR>R-CON) resolved the issue.

Although the Reader Controller settings were backed up, restoring them brought the problem back.

After clearing R-CON, it was necessary to manually enter the settings from the P Print or service label.

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Re: can c350i E301-1

well the FW did the trick. scanned a bunch of pgs no issue. my colleague rebooted the machine error came back. but its not throwing as much. quality is a lil rough too.