Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    AdvC5035 duplex on a MAC

AdvC5035 duplex on a MAC

We installed an Adv C5035 copier today for a customer that has all Windows Operation System units except for 1 Mac running Mountain Lion OS 10.8.4. We have it printing but there is no selection for 2-sided prints available. I have absolutely no knowledge of Mac computers, can someone tell me what I am doing wrong. All the other computers (with Windows OS) in the office are working just fine.

Second issue is setting up Scan on the MAC, is there something special I need to do, if I select FTP it won't browse to find the MAC. I only know how to set up the windows computers to scan.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: AdvC5035 duplex on a MAC

Quote Originally Posted by repeatcopiers View Post
    We installed an Adv C5035 copier today for a customer that has all Windows Operation System units except for 1 Mac running Mountain Lion OS 10.8.4. We have it printing but there is no selection for 2-sided prints available. I have absolutely no knowledge of Mac computers, can someone tell me what I am doing wrong. All the other computers (with Windows OS) in the office are working just fine.

Second issue is setting up Scan on the MAC, is there something special I need to do, if I select FTP it won't browse to find the MAC. I only know how to set up the windows computers to scan.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi

to to get more option on printer you need to open a document to print than you should get more options
    on printer and should be under finishing options for double sided .

hope it helps

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    AdvC5035 duplex on a MAC

Quote Originally Posted by apollo View Post
    Hi

to to get more option on printer you need to open a document to print than you should get more options
    on printer and should be under finishing options for double sided .

hope it helps
    Unfortunately 2-sided still isn't listed as an option. They have an older irc3480 that is still connected to this Mac and it shows 2-sided just like the Windows computers but for some reason it isn't an option on this AdvC5035 for the Mac.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    AdvC5035 duplex on a MAC

Just a suggestion, load the full driver from Canon, you will see everything the machine has on board, the generic driver does not show everything, print quality adjustments, the lower pedestal, and they will tend to duplex every print. Good Luck. p.s. Lost a sell a few years ago because of Mac computer, the business had 4 different stations with Windows, the owner and his son had Mac's, seemed over every weekend(two) the Mac's could not see the 2 lower drawers, just the two upper, they needed to see 11/17, only the Mac didn't see it, Windows no problem, had a top IT company come out to trouble shoot, 750.00 later, still same problem, had to pull machine out. Just the way it goes sometimes.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech28 View Post
    Just a suggestion, load the full driver from Canon, you will see everything the machine has on board, the generic driver does not show everything, print quality adjustments, the lower pedestal, and they will tend to duplex every print. Good Luck. p.s. Lost a sell a few years ago because of Mac computer, the business had 4 different stations with Windows, the owner and his son had Mac's, seemed over every weekend(two) the Mac's could not see the 2 lower drawers, just the two upper, they needed to see 11/17, only the Mac didn't see it, Windows no problem, had a top IT company come out to trouble shoot, 750.00 later, still same problem, had to pull machine out. Just the way it goes sometimes.
    I had the same issue with an iR C3200 (about 15 years ago) with a Fiery.

Same issue....no lower trays for the Macs; the PCs were OK.

I copied the Windows PPD (PostScript Printer Definition) to a Mac, then used that PPD. (A PPD is a text file, and therefore not platform specific.)

The lower trays (and all options, for that matter) worked OK.

Of course, that is assuming you are using PostScript. I’ve been out of Canons for a while, but last I remember there was a Canon UFR driver for the Mac.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    AdvC5035 duplex on a MAC

Same issue long time ago.If i remember i solve with ufr driver settings: device settings>get device status>apply
    After that i got duplex.
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Also, on the Mac, open Safari (no other browser will work), and enter “localhost:631” (no quotes).

This will get you into the CUPS driver page, where you can set printer options and defaults on all the installed printers.

I would assume that still works in the latest versions of OSX.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    Also, on the Mac, open Safari (no other browser will work), and enter “localhost:631” (no quotes).

This will get you into the CUPS driver page, where you can set printer options and defaults on all the installed printers.

I would assume that still works in the latest versions of OSX.

Yes I think this is how you do this. We had a C250 with the same issue. If this way does not work google CUPS and they will tell you what to do. Another tech who knows macs went out and did it for the customer. I rarely see Macs but yesterday had two!