Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    IRAdvC5250 - E674-0200

IRAdvC5250 - E674-0200

Hi,

I went to this machine last week, as it was re-booting all the time. It would be in normal copy mode, then just start rebooting. Managed to update firmware, but that took a few times as when powering on/off it took ages to reboot, eventually it would just reboot constantly, I couldnt get into service mode or run diagnostic check as rebooting. I went back today with a loan machine and managed to get into Diagnostics, it came up with SN 18 GOR (0) DDDR2 SDRAM & SN26 FAN 2.

I have checked the manual and parts catalogue and it looks like that the SDRAM is built in to the main controller PCB 1, does anyone know if thats correct? or am i not seeing the SDRAM part?

Bit misleading with the error as its coming up fax related even though this MFD has no fax kit installed. I have ordered a Main controller PCB 1 which i hope comes with the SDRAM and the fan....anyone seen this error before?

thanks guys/gals

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    IRAdvC5250 - E674-0200

Re: IRAdvC5250 - E674-0200

hi guys,

Update on the E674-0200 error, as this machine is a good 2.5 hours drive away , i went back to the machine with a new main controller pcb1, a new HDD and a fan 2. I managed to get into doing a diagnostic check and it came up with a memory fault and fan2 fault. Looking at the manual the memory (DIMMS) is on the main controller pcb1. I put in the new main controller but threw up an error E748. I put in a new HDD and put on firmware and the machine sprung into life, it took a bit of time to set up e mails/mail boxes and the machine was fine , no probs. Customer rang me today, a day later and says the machine is now rebooting again, same as original fault. This machine has no fax kit installed. I am going down next week again, I might do a main controller clear, but has anyone got any ideas?

tks

Quote Originally Posted by MunsterTech View Post
    Hi,

I went to this machine last week, as it was re-booting all the time. It would be in normal copy mode, then just start rebooting. Managed to update firmware, but that took a few times as when powering on/off it took ages to reboot, eventually it would just reboot constantly, I couldnt get into service mode or run diagnostic check as rebooting. I went back today with a loan machine and managed to get into Diagnostics, it came up with SN 18 GOR (0) DDDR2 SDRAM & SN26 FAN 2.

I have checked the manual and parts catalogue and it looks like that the SDRAM is built in to the main controller PCB 1, does anyone know if thats correct? or am i not seeing the SDRAM part?

Bit misleading with the error as its coming up fax related even though this MFD has no fax kit installed. I have ordered a Main controller PCB 1 which i hope comes with the SDRAM and the fan....anyone seen this error before?

thanks guys/gals
    101.jpg

Something like this......?

I have the same errors, though my issue is the device prints / copies slow duplex.....
    SAZ911..........

E674-0200-00
    Failure in communication of FAX board
    An error occurred when accessing the HDD.

1. Turn OFF and then ON the power.
    2. Format and upgrade the entire HDD.
    3. Replace the HDD.
    4. Replace the Main Controller PCB.
    (Main Controller PCB 2 for 1-line Fax Board, and Main
    Controller PCB 1 for 2-/3-/4-line Fax Board)

Since you replaced PCB and HDD, could it be an faulty HDD (SATA) Cable ?

btw Memory PCB is FM0-0322-000
    Johan

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    IRAdvC5250 - E674-0200

Quote Originally Posted by JPiek View Post
    E674-0200-00
    Failure in communication of FAX board
    An error occurred when accessing the HDD.

1. Turn OFF and then ON the power.
    2. Format and upgrade the entire HDD.
    3. Replace the HDD.
    4. Replace the Main Controller PCB.
    (Main Controller PCB 2 for 1-line Fax Board, and Main
    Controller PCB 1 for 2-/3-/4-line Fax Board)

Since you replaced PCB and HDD, could it be an faulty HDD (SATA) Cable ?

btw Memory PCB is FM0-0322-000
    Hi, This machine doesnt have a fax kit installed, or does that not matter, is it the Main Controller 1 or 2 that is controlling the fax even if it does not have a kit, if that makes sense? If the board is gone, would it not go completly? The machine lasted a day and a half before starting to reboot itself again. Was thinking it could be a dry joint somewhere, I am back there tomorrow, so will d/c and r/c all the connections.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    IRAdvC5250 - E674-0200

Quote Originally Posted by SAZ911 View Post
    101.jpg

Something like this......?

I have the same errors, though my issue is the device prints / copies slow duplex.....
    Yes thats the exact same as i have, but mine keeps rebooting, no logic to it, it could last 2 mins, or a day and a half, I have the memory pcb, i will take that with me when i go down and put that in. see how that goes.
    Y