Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Question IR C5045, C9075 - life and reliability?

Apologies for the overly-simplistic question - we own half a dozen 7-year-old C5045s with meters ranging from 450k to 920k, and a C9075 with is at about 5 million - all have been regularly serviced, are in an office environment - when should I start to worry about the overall useful life of these machines? in your experience when does the reliability really fall off? I have to relocate them all soon and given their age there is some pressure to replace them, but I'm not sure we need to yet, they seem 'old but not heavily used' at this point...

Thanks in advance

JDL

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: IR C5045, C9075 - life and reliability?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydeelee View Post
    Apologies for the overly-simplistic question - we own half a dozen 7-year-old C5045s with meters ranging from 450k to 920k, and a C9075 with is at about 5 million - all have been regularly serviced, are in an office environment - when should I start to worry about the overall useful life of these machines? in your experience when does the reliability really fall off? I have to relocate them all soon and given their age there is some pressure to replace them, but I'm not sure we need to yet, they seem 'old but not heavily used' at this point...

Thanks in advance

JDL
    Expected reliable life of copiers has always been 3-5 years. Make your service guy happy and buy new machines.

Re: IR C5045, C9075 - life and reliability?

Some considerations :

1] If relocating means going to another building expect issues on the printers. Relocating means you'll have to prep the machines. (Pref. take out toners, drums etc).

2] Getting new machines when you relocate the whole office as it's advantages ; Users can print as long as the old printers are still in place and the new ones are installed. When they move over they use the new ones

3] You save the cost of moving the printers.

Johan