Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Corner of paper folded over Canon c7055

When printing long edge first the leading edge top corner is occasionally folded over. This doesn't happen every page and is printed over so I am assuming that it's happening as the paper is pulled from the decks. If I print short edge first it's perfect and I printed over 1500 pages this morning no problem.

Any suggestions as to where I start looking please.

Thanks
    Chris

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Corner of paper folded over Canon c7055

Quote Originally Posted by chrisio View Post
    When printing long edge first the leading edge top corner is occasionally folded over. This doesn't happen every page and is printed over so I am assuming that it's happening as the paper is pulled from the decks. If I print short edge first it's perfect and I printed over 1500 pages this morning no problem.

Thanks
    Chris
    _____

Check the paper guide for burr
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts

Worn pickups or moist paper? This doesn't happen every page and this is usually problem.Otherwise i do a force stop and I identifying the location of the problem
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

hi.easiset way is to stop mc at diff points and see at what point it folds.at pick up.....at pre reg unit....before fuser....after fuser etc. will break down your search but its most prob at pre registration.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by petermays View Post
    hi.easiset way is to stop mc at diff points and see at what point it folds.at pick up.....at pre reg unit....before fuser....after fuser etc. will break down your search but its most prob at pre registration.
    when it happens - the corner has been printed over so I am assuming its happening before any image formation which only leaves the paper pickup side of things. I haven't checked yet to see if it happens out of all draws or just tray 3.

EDIT:

I have just checked and all drawers are fine EXCEPT the high capacity tray 1 - it happens on maybe 1 in 3 sheets but then it might run 5 sheets through fine. tested with an new pack of paper and also I used the same paper across the drawers when testing.

I'm assuming this is something to do with the paper pickup/feed on this drawer?

Cheers
    Chris
    Last edited by chrisio; 10-03-2017 at 03:04 PM. Reason: update

check the right side door hinges. if operator opens door too far, it can bend hinges so door will not close fully on rear upper area. corner will fold and get pressed by reg roller. check upper rear corner of door to see if it is flush with panel above it. most of them are a couple mm out, but if it is more, pull the hinge pins,and door, you will probably see deformation where the hinge bolts to frame of copier. compare the top to the bottom, usually the top is the one that needs reforming with a vice-grip. good luck

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chrisio View Post

Thanks
    Chris
    Two things can cause this. One is in the fuser, full page color on 7265. We have only found setting the lead edge blanking to fix this. The other is it can happen in the reverse assembly (7055 and 7265). I usually also replace the door as a set. I have never seen why it happens there but the Mylar's get worn and the ends of the flags get worn causing jams. Since it is a 7055 I would replace the reverse assembly (and door if needed). I am fairly sure that will fix the folded edge, I seem to see this on the back edge (non operator side)