Canon ir2525 occasional jams around fusing area

Everything looks good, feed rollers, other rollers, fuser, pads on gates, fuser gears, etc. Seems to accordion up under fuser area, sometimes looks crooked but could just be from after it jams. I think the code was 108 on the jams. Before going after an expensive fuser unit looking to see if anyone run into this . Thanks Jim

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: Canon ir2525 occasional jams around fusing area

"occasional jams" = damp/poor quality paper
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Also check the 4 white idler rollers at exit of fixing unit. They are spring loaded. Sometimes the spring needs to be stretched a little to get it to spring back into place and clean the roller posts. I was getting a jam 108 code

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScottVTA View Post
    Also check the 4 white idler rollers at exit of fixing unit. They are spring loaded. Sometimes the spring needs to be stretched a little to get it to spring back into place and clean the roller posts. I was getting a jam 108 code
    Sir,
    please check the last comment before yours, specifically the DATE of the post. In this case 2017, we here (other than tech tip's such as yours is) If you come upon a thread that is that old BUT want to mention YOUR problem, that is called " piggybacking " OR " grave robbing " IF these are the conditions of your case, please start a new thread, if you haven't read the FAQ's I suggest you do
    : https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/f...aq_vb3_posting

Also I would suggest read the forum rules here: https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/misc.php?do=vsarules

And if you have any tricks of the trade, and you find a thread ( such as this one) please feel free to chime in as long as the time restraint is closely observed.

Welcome to CTN.

Phil B. ' The Dentist '

** The reason for that TAG is I am a service manager and have to ask a thousand Q's to the techs at work. Then I lend my skills here, and have to " pull teeth " with some new user techs and the plethora of end users that feel fixing copiers/printers can't be that hard because they have a piece of 'paper on the wall'. Most of the seniors techs do have a college degree Or military equivalence plus copier/electronic training. **