Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Canon iR Adv C5240 Slow Printing

I have a problem with a Canon Adv C5240. It is printing very slow when sending a jobs. It copies fine, print quality is good. I have replaced the
    Hard Drive, reset all the connectors and memory. Used my laptop to by pass their Network. Still the same issue. I am taking a fuser I have from a
    C5030 hoping its interchangeable.

Any Suggestions or fixes would be great !

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Canon iR Adv C5240 Slow Printing

Is it slow on everything, or only PDF's? Also...are you using the UFR II, PCL or PS drivers?

...I've found that using PS on a multi-layer PDF can be PAINFULLY slow printing, unless you click the Advanced button the the Adobe print dialogue, and check the "Print as Image" box.

....just a thought.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

I don't believe the fuser is swappable, you will need to change out the film unit which is.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I have tried both TCP/IP and LPR port, i will check but i believe they are printing word docs, pdf's and emails. all are slow. I will check the
    Print as Image when i am there today
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by terramobil View Post
    If copying is fine I don't believe it's a hardware issue (fuser, ITB etc.) I think it's a printer port, driver or application issue. What printer port is used? I prefer TCP/IP or LPR port. WSD port is terribly slow. Which applications are used? As guitar9199 said, if "Prind as Image" is checked, the printfille can be really big when printing PDF files.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C View Post
    I have tried both TCP/IP and LPR port, i will check but i believe they are printing word docs, pdf's and emails. all are slow. I will check the
    Print as Image when i am there today
    Thanks

If Word documents are printing slowly as well, I would suspect one of two things. Either a print driver problem, or a network related issue.

If they're using their internet provider as their phone provider as well, it's likely they're running "Power Over Ethernet". Canons don't like P.O.E. at all...and I've had to replace control panel CPU boards because of it. My old company even went as far as creating custom Cat-5 cables with ONLY the data lines connected.

You might want to ask about that while you're there. It'll save you some "Hair Pulling" frustration.

"I feel your pain..."

Steve

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I am trying to send a simple Windows test page and it's taking like 45sec to print. Test P-Print
    is taking 2 min to print from memory
    i am using a laptop with a crossover cable
    still slow. Wondering if it could be a fuser
    issue, I've hear about

QUOTE=guitar9199;581059]If Word documents are printing slowly as well, I would suspect one of two things. Either a print driver problem, or a network related issue.

If they're using their internet provider as their phone provider as well, it's likely they're running "Power Over Ethernet". Canons don't like P.O.E. at all...and I've had to replace control panel CPU boards because of it. My old company even went as far as creating custom Cat-5 cables with ONLY the data lines connected.

You might want to ask about that while you're there. It'll save you some "Hair Pulling" frustration.

"I feel your pain..."

Steve[/QUOTE]

As said, if copies are at normal speed, rule out the mechanical parts (paperpickup-drum-ITB- fuser). it's either network or jobprocessing related. What if you connect to the webinterface and do direct print from there ?
    Johan

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

OK so I tried everything possible to get this machine to print faster.. I gave up and got another C5250 and guess what? The same exact
    issue is with this machine, i did use the hard drive from the old 1st machine which I replaced with a new one pre loaded with software.
    I also updated the firmware .. still doing it..sloooww prints. Seems to be only on the Color jobs.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Could a hacked router be causing the trouble? It could be sending flooding attacks. That will cause connectivity lag and trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C View Post
    I have a problem with a Canon Adv C5240. It is printing very slow when sending a jobs. It copies fine, print quality is good. I have replaced the
    Hard Drive, reset all the connectors and memory. Used my laptop to by pass their Network. Still the same issue. I am taking a fuser I have from a
    C5030 hoping its interchangeable.

Any Suggestions or fixes would be great !
    Hi Tim,

I have just had this issue with duplex printing and just resolved it this morning, I can tell you it will probably be the fixing assy, mine looked perfect but wasn't in the end....

Also note 50xx and 52xx fuser are slightly different with the locating screws, 50xx has four screws and the 52xx has 5.

please see the link below for more info....

Canon IRA C5235i Slow Prints / Copies

Good luck....
    SAZ911..........