Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Adv6075 dual fax

Adv6075 dual fax

If a customer has dual fax on their Adv6075, is there a way to set it where if one line is busy it will roll over to the 2nd line?

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: Adv6075 dual fax

I've been out of Canon for some years now, and never worked with the Adv series.

However, in working with the older Canons, fax servers, and several other brands (mostly Ricoh), I can tell you that I have never seen this as a possibility.

It would be up to the customer to have their telcom provide the rollover.

Note that is for receiving: AFAIK transmit is handled differently.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by repeatcopiers View Post
    If a customer has dual fax on their Adv6075, is there a way to set it where if one line is busy it will roll over to the 2nd line?
    No.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

No doubt that some *genius* salesmen have told customers that if one line is busy the machine will automatically roll over to the other.

*NOT!*
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Adv6075 dual fax

Yup, that's a TelCo thing.

Adv6075 dual fax

So this customer with the Adv6075 dual fax says that they are missing a lot of incoming faxes. They have 1 line set to fax out and the other line receives but she says they are not receiving all of the faxes that are sent to them. I have asked her if the person sending is getting an error report but she says no, the customer thinks the fax went through but they are not receiving it on their end??? Has anyone seen this? Is there a setting problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Edit....I think this is the problem:

This customer has fax line ending in 8020, they want it to SEND faxes only. Their fax number for incoming faxes ends in 8103, they want it to receive only. The problem is when they are sending out multiple faxes, it will automatically try to send some out through 8103 which ties that line up and won't receive. Is there a way to Prohibit a line from sending?
    Last edited by repeatcopiers; 11-28-2017 at 06:42 PM.

Adv6075 dual fax

Is there anything special that needs to be done when installing a dual fax board on this copier? We are going to swap out the fax because the customer is certain the problem is with the copier and not the telephone line. The phone company is telling them the lines are crossed on the copier end, not their end?