Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician
    Canon 3220 server unit problem

Hello people,
    I bought used Canon clc3220(it says 2620 on the test page) 10 days ago.
    Unit looks very nice and seller show me that page counter made only 36.000 copies
    Copies are very good. but I have a problem with connecting to my PC.
    One expert connected copier with PC and I managed to print and scan, but it sometimes works, sometimes don't. Last 5 days I managed to do it only once.
    Now I cant enter in printer setup, every time I try, see a message on display "Wait a moment (Check the power source of this print server behind the main unit and cable connection if the display does not change in a moment)" , I saw this message before, but after several restarts it worked, last 3 days it doesn't help.
    I tried a following:
    1.Reconnected cables -cross network and SCSI cable
    2.Turned machine on/off (both copier and server unit)
    Gyu who sold a copier to me is now abroad, and he will not come in Serbia until January, so I cant get help from him.
    In my town, we don't have good technician for Canon since one came to my office and said that copier work, so he don't see a problem, and asked me why do I need scan and print.
    With this unit, I got one CD but is only printer guide.
    In attachmet, i upload test page and printer setup from few day ago, while everything worked.
    canon test page.pdf
    copier config.pdf

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: Canon 3220 server unit problem

Quote Originally Posted by Vlajko76 View Post
    Hello people,
    Unit looks very nice and seller show me that page counter made only 36.000 copies
    One expert connected copier with PC and I managed to print and scan, but it sometimes works, sometimes don't. Last 5 days I managed to do it only once.
    Now I cant enter in printer setup, every time I try, see a message on display "Wait a moment (Check the power source of this print server behind the main unit and cable connection if the display does not change in a moment)" , I saw this message before, but after several restarts it worked, last 3 days it doesn't help.
    I tried a following:
    Gyu who sold a copier to me is now abroad, and he will not come in Serbia until January, so I cant get help from him.
    In my town, we don't have good technician for Canon since one came to my office and said that copier work, so he don't see a problem, and asked me why do I need scan and print.
    With this unit, I got one CD but is only printer guide.
    In attachmet, i upload test page and printer setup from few day ago, while everything worked.
    canon test page.pdf
    copier config.pdf

Sometimes works and sometimes does not is usually a duplicate ip. Ping it with the cable plugged in and then unplug it and ping.

Technician

How to ping it, from PC or from copier in service menu? Cant do it from PC cause it dont see the unit.
    In service menu of unit I found ping option, but ip is 0.0.0.

Послато са SM-J510FN уз помоћ Тапатока

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Hello people,
    I tried a following:

does the Fiery (server) have a config page? check to see if it has a static IP address ( turn off DHCP ).. that could be why it doesn't always scan and print

clean your scan glass on the machine you scanned these docs on... there is something on the scan glass ( fine lines on pages )

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

How to ping it, from PC or from copier in service menu? Cant do it from PC cause it dont see the unit.
    In service menu of unit I found ping option, but ip is 0.0.0.

Послато са SM-J510FN уз помоћ Тапатока
    From a pc. I looked at your setting page again and is says it is a fiery. You should still be able to ping the fiery. I don't have one of those machines but usually if you have a fiery you have to have that set up in the service menu. I think you have it set up or you would have never have been able to print. If you can not ping the fiery then that may be why you can not print either. Reading the next post you do have a static ip address. instead of 192.168.1.5 try something further away like 192.168.1.65. That eliminates something at that ip setting. Try turning fiery off (if it has an on and off switch or if it is a computer turn that off and back on.)

Technician

I will try this tomorrow since in Serbia is 23:00hrs.
    The main problem is that my copier doesn't see a fiery, so I cant enter in his setup.
    But I listed forum and looks like I made a mistake when powering units on/off, I turned it OFF on black side button where is the main power button.
    1.Should it be turned off on the green button on the front panel and then on the main power button?
    2.Do I make mistake when turning off fiery every day on the end of the shift(also on main button-but it is the only one on it)?
    Thanks in advance.

Technician

Tried everything, cannot pint to the server from PC.
    Don't know what to do.
    Fiery.jpgboard msg.jpgimg cont.jpgping.jpg

I will try this tomorrow since in Serbia is 23:00hrs.
    The main problem is that my copier doesn't see a fiery, so I cant enter in his setup.
    But I listed forum and looks like I made a mistake when powering units on/off, I turned it OFF on black side button where is the main power button.
    1.Should it be turned off on the green button on the front panel and then on the main power button?
    2.Do I make mistake when turning off fiery every day on the end of the shift(also on main button-but it is the only one on it)?
    Thanks in advance.
    yes turning off the fiery in the wrong manor can scramble the data on the hard drive. I would leave it running unless you have poor power conditions in the building.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    yes turning off the fiery in the wrong manor can scramble the data on the hard drive. I would leave it running unless you have poor power conditions in the building.
    Is there a remedy for it?

Is there a remedy for it?
    reformat and reload the HDD