Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

PG10 Test on Canon c7055

Hi.

I know I have either a black or cyan dev failing and want to run a PG10 test to see which on it is for certain however when I try to execute the PG10 or any other page test for that matter - nothing happens at all - the print button is non responsive. If I leave it at 0 I can generate the blank page/photocopy of the glass. But actual test prints are not forth coming.

Is there any fix for this or something very obvious that I am missing?

Cheers
    Chris

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: PG10 Test on Canon c7055

Quote Originally Posted by chrisio View Post
    Hi.

I know I have either a black or cyan dev failing and want to run a PG10 test to see which on it is for certain however when I try to execute the PG10 or any other page test for that matter - nothing happens at all - the print button is non responsive. If I leave it at 0 I can generate the blank page/photocopy of the glass. But actual test prints are not forth coming.

Is there any fix for this or something very obvious that I am missing?

Cheers
    Chris
    I think the default setting is tray 1 plain paper. If the tray is set to another weight or type it will only print if you select another source (usually one to 5). I found on a different model it will not print a counter report if the weight is changed. After you change the test page and leave the page you have to 0 it and then change back to test print.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    I think the default setting is tray 1 plain paper. If the tray is set to another weight or type it will only print if you select another source (usually one to 5). I found on a different model it will not print a counter report if the weight is changed. After you change the test page and leave the page you have to 0 it and then change back to test print.
    That was the problem. Put paper in tray one and out it fired.

20171101_084403.jpg

That would be the cyan dev failing wouldn't it?

Thanks
    Chris

That was the problem. Put paper in tray one and out it fired.

20171101_084403.jpg

That would be the cyan dev failing wouldn't it?

Thanks
    Chris
    I would think so. Sometimes I do a toner stir on the color with the issue and it fixes it. You can not really go by percentage of life count, some fail before others. Also take the cover off the developer. Sometimes that mylar causes it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    I would think so. Sometimes I do a toner stir on the color with the issue and it fixes it. You can not really go by percentage of life count, some fail before others. Also take the cover off the developer. Sometimes that mylar causes it.
    Thanks I will try the dev stir and see what happens. Regarding the cover are you saying remove it and run without the cover at all? Is it ok to run it like That?

Thanks for your help.
    Chris

Thanks I will try the dev stir and see what happens. Regarding the cover are you saying remove it and run without the cover at all? Is it ok to run it like That?

Thanks for your help.
    Chris
    No, on the developer there is a cover over the magnetic roller with a Mylar. Pull the drum away from the developer and check if there is toner stuck to the mag roller (where the void is) or the Mylar has toner built on it. Do not spill any as you can not get more to add. A new developer will also fix that.