Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    willrwilli

Just Bought A IR C 3220 And need help with a few things

I knew when I bought this machine I would need to put some work into it but need some direction. All of the bugs have been worked out of it except for printing. Right now I know it has a network card but not sure if it has the correct card to print or not. What should I look for? Also there was an extra card that came with the machine. it has this sequence on it. PM-3V-Board FH13395 FG3-2728. Can someone tell me what that card does? And if it is needed for printing.

Technician

Re: Just Bought A IR C 3220 And need help with a few things

That board is a resolution switching board needed by the fax kit or the universal send kit. The machine does have a network jack, however, this generation machine did not come with the ability to print without expansion kits. Some of these machines used an external Fiery controller hooked to the back that does the network printing. If there is a section in the user mode for IP address settings, then it should print. This machine is almost obsolete with some parts no longer available as OEM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Just Bought A IR C 3220 And need help with a few things

Quote Originally Posted by Etech50 View Post
    That board is a resolution switching board needed by the fax kit or the universal send kit. The machine does have a network jack, however, this generation machine did not come with the ability to print without expansion kits. Some of these machines used an external Fiery controller hooked to the back that does the network printing. If there is a section in the user mode for IP address settings, then it should print. This machine is almost obsolete with some parts no longer available as OEM.

Actually quite a few parts for this series were proprietary (mostly fuser section), and are NLA from anywhere.

willrwilli

I am realizing after the fact that older copy machines are like antiques. So far I have been able to find stuff I needed online, but in this case have no idea what I need if anything. Everything including the finisher work perfect, but I know that you get a cleaner crisper copy from transferring the file from a printer, or usb. Should I keep playing around with the priniting aspect for try to find a usb port and transfer files in that way? I have played around with trying to set up the printer with 0 luck. On the one post on this forum it said to hit the printer tab and then select set up, but I dont get that option.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willrwilli View Post
    I am realizing after the fact that older copy machines are like antiques. So far I have been able to find stuff I needed online, but in this case have no idea what I need if anything. Everything including the finisher work perfect, but I know that you get a cleaner crisper copy from transferring the file from a printer, or usb. Should I keep playing around with the priniting aspect for try to find a usb port and transfer files in that way? I have played around with trying to set up the printer with 0 luck. On the one post on this forum it said to hit the printer tab and then select set up, but I dont get that option.
    Go into service mode by hitting additional functions key, 2&8 simultaneously, additional functions again.
    Choose the following sequence, Copier>Display>Ver, then scroll down to the one marked boot, see if has a n or a c next to it. N is for network (prints), C is for copy only.

willrwilli

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    Go into service mode by hitting additional functions key, 2&8 simultaneously, additional functions again.
    Choose the following sequence, Copier>Display>Ver, then scroll down to the one marked boot, see if has a n or a c next to it. N is for network (prints), C is for copy only.

I got to Boot Rom and it says 70.01N So I guess that is a good sign? what is the next step
    Last edited by willrwilli; 11-09-2017 at 04:32 AM.