Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Canon IR 3245 not sleep mode- out cold till reboot.

My customer has had this CanonIR 3245 for over a year doing well and now it goes to sleep. The control panel is lit and everything seems normal but it will not copy or print. THIS IS NOT SLEEP MODE.

This machine had (b4 delivery) a brand new hard drive from Hytec with boot sector, entire firmware written and confirmed running up to IR 3235i status with latest firmware.

I had her look for print jobs in the wire or waiting, nothing is there and no job light lit. It does not seem print re-lated.

I would hate to switch out hard drive because of all her scan to and network settings will be lost.

No apparent E codes or fault codes.

Thoughts,

Thanks- Hopper2

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mosey1100's Avatar

Re: Canon IR 3245 not sleep mode- out cold till reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper2 View Post
    My customer has had this CanonIR 3245 for over a year doing well and now it goes to sleep. The control panel is lit and everything seems normal but it will not copy or print. THIS IS NOT SLEEP MODE.

This machine had (b4 delivery) a brand new hard drive from Hytec with boot sector, entire firmware written and confirmed running up to IR 3235i status with latest firmware.

I had her look for print jobs in the wire or waiting, nothing is there and no job light lit. It does not seem print re-lated.

I would hate to switch out hard drive because of all her scan to and network settings will be lost.

No apparent E codes or fault codes.

Thoughts,

Thanks- Hopper2
    You could try changing Sleep Mode as indicated in the attachment unless the screen stays blank, if that is the case it could be the Main Controller.
    Attached Files Attached Files