Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon C2230. White lines on half page. At McMurdo Station Antarctica.

Hello,

I am having problems fixing an issue with my Canon C2230 Color Printer. Since I'm in Antarctica, I have very limited internet (can't watch youtube and all searches take a very long time--or time out). I'm hoping someone in this forum can help. Oh, and we have no replacement parts and we cannot fly anyone down to help. Basically, I've been tasked with fixing a problem and I have limited experience with color copiers. Basically, I hope there is a "MacGyver" solution to this problem.

I have replaced all 4 drums and all 4 toners. I've also replaced the transfer belt assembly. I have also run calibration and transfer belt cleaning.

See attached, but the issue is the image comes out fine from the side that is closest to the front of the 2230, but the printing on the other half is streaked with white lines. When printing calibration sheets they come out looking pristine, but (I think) this is because the black part comes from the front of the copier.

If anyone can help me solve this issue, I promise to send you stickers, a patch and tshirt from McMurdo Station Antarctica.

Black and white stripes are good on a penguin, but not so good on these color copies.

Help and Thanks.

Phil
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician

Re: Canon C2230. White lines on half page. At McMurdo Station Antarctica.

Hello Phil,

I might be totally wrong since I'm kinda new to this world, but have you tried to clean the laser unit ?
    That would be the 1st thing I'd try.
    It's usually the opposite when the drum is starting to get old, there's strip on the copy depending on the failing drum. White strip come from laser

Lemme know how it's going or if you need help for taking out the laser unit
    Good luck with it !

I don't know why the previous posts were deleted, but that is what I tried (trust me, I'm newer to the game than you are--I had no idea what that big plastic thing was attached to the door). I opened the shutters, cleaned the lasers and it took two tries, but that did the trick.

I appreciate your response and if other printers have issues, this forum has been invaluable.

Stay warm
    Phil

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AntarcticaPhil View Post
    Hello,

I am having problems fixing an issue with my Canon C2230 Color Printer. Since I'm in Antarctica, I have very limited internet (can't watch youtube and all searches take a very long time--or time out). I'm hoping someone in this forum can help. Oh, and we have no replacement parts and we cannot fly anyone down to help. Basically, I've been tasked with fixing a problem and I have limited experience with color copiers. Basically, I hope there is a "MacGyver" solution to this problem.

I have replaced all 4 drums and all 4 toners. I've also replaced the transfer belt assembly. I have also run calibration and transfer belt cleaning.

See attached, but the issue is the image comes out fine from the side that is closest to the front of the 2230, but the printing on the other half is streaked with white lines. When printing calibration sheets they come out looking pristine, but (I think) this is because the black part comes from the front of the copier.

If anyone can help me solve this issue, I promise to send you stickers, a patch and tshirt from McMurdo Station Antarctica.

Black and white stripes are good on a penguin, but not so good on these color copies.

Help and Thanks.

Phil
    it could be developer issues... what is the life count on them all try cleaning the laser glass for the colors involved.

looks like

Senior Tech 100+ Posts HELIO240's Avatar

Hello,

Help and Thanks.

Phil

Hi Phil .I need more information about the issue . Could you please print some test PG type 5 and PG 10. To do this test you need access the service mode, you can do that pressing :
    settings and pressing the same time 2and 8 and again pressing settings.When you go there you need press copier>test>pG type 10 and start before you mustpost here the scanner of the test.

Helio,

Thanks for your help and showing me that test. This issue was solved by opening the shutters and using the plastic tool to clean laser glass. I think the person who responded to this issue deleted their comments. Thanks to this forum, color prints look great in Antarctica.

I appreciate your help and will run those tests on my Canon if another issue comes up.

Phil

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HELIO240 View Post
    Hi Phil .I need more information about the issue . Could you please print some test PG type 5 and PG 10. To do this test you need access the service mode, you can do that pressing :
    settings and pressing the same time 2and 8 and again pressing settings.When you go there you need press copier>test>pG type 10 and start before you mustpost here the scanner of the test.
    he cleaned the laser glass and problem solved

Senior Tech 100+ Posts HELIO240's Avatar

Helio,

Thanks for your help and showing me that test. This issue was solved by opening the shutters and using the plastic tool to clean laser glass. I think the person who responded to this issue deleted their comments. Thanks to this forum, color prints look great in Antarctica.

I appreciate your help and will run those tests on my Canon if another issue comes up.

Phil
    well done phil if you need some tec in antarctica Im in.LOl.Thanks for you feed back.