Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

it advanced 8295

Hello, I installed a used punch unit BF1 and it works fine but when I open the front door on the finisher and close it , it shows up as a jam! Jam code is 1307 and when I turn the machine off then on it runs fine! I looked through the installation guide and found no settings it's just a plug and play I assume! The upper inlet guide is broken and I tried to position it the way it naturally sits and open and close the door but still shows jam! I ran 100 sets hole punched with no problem only when opening and closing the door! Thanks, any help would be appreciated

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    it advanced 8295

Re: it advanced 8295

remove the hole punch and clean all the sensors and side registration pcb leds.

imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8205 / 8295 / 8285
    Booklet Finisher-N1
    Puncher Unit-BF1

1307 Jam Code Occurs, When the Finisher Door is Closed
    Problem :

The 1307 jam code is defined as a power on jam at S101 or S102 of the finisher.
    The code is generated, when the finisher front door is opened and closed.
    Sensors S101 and S102 were checked in I/O mode and both sensors did have a change of state when blocked and unblocked.
    The sensors are found in I/O mode for the finisher at P001 bit 15 for S101 and P001 bit 10 for S102.

Solution :

To resolve the issue, the Side Registration LED pcb3 was replaced. The part number for the Side Registration LED pcb is FM4-0312-000.

Note:
    The item is located in the Puncher Unit BE1/BF1 parts catalog in figure 010 Inner Puncher Main Body.

Item 40 is the Side Registration LED pcb.

See pic link

Dropbox - 151122376221499363027.jpg
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: it advanced 8295

Thank you sir for the response! I think I'm going to have them send me another punch unit! I was just concerned it might be a controller issue so you think if I replace the punch unit it will fix that? another question is how can I pass paper? Thanks teckat I always appreciate your input! Thanks
    Last edited by acsolutions; 11-21-2017 at 01:11 AM.