Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon C2230 Color Printer. White lines on half page. Limited Antarctica resources.

Hello,

I am having problems fixing an issue with my Canon C2230 Color Printer. Since I'm in Antarctica, I have very limited internet (can't watch youtube and all searches take a very long time--or time out). I'm hoping someone in this forum can help. Oh, and we have no replacement parts and we cannot fly anyone down to help. Basically, I've been tasked with fixing a problem and I have limited experience with color copiers. Basically, I hope there is a "MacGyver" solution to this problem.

I have replaced all 4 drums and all 4 toners. I've also replaced the transfer belt assembly. I have also run calibration and transfer belt cleaning.

See attached, but the issue is the image comes out fine from the side that is closest to the front of the 2230, but the printing on the other half is streaked with white lines. When printing calibration sheets they come out looking pristine, but (I think) this is because the black part comes from the front of the copier.

If anyone can help me solve this issue, I promise to send you stickers, a patch and tshirt from McMurdo Station Antarctica.

Black and white stripes are good on a penguin, but not so good on these color copies.

Help and Thanks.

Phil
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon C2230 Color Printer. White lines on half page. Limited Antarctica resources.

Re: Canon C2230 Color Printer. White lines on half page. Limited Antarctica resources

Quote Originally Posted by AntarcticaPhil View Post
    Hello,

I am having problems fixing an issue with my Canon C2230 Color Printer. Since I'm in Antarctica, I have very limited internet (can't watch youtube and all searches take a very long time--or time out). I'm hoping someone in this forum can help. Oh, and we have no replacement parts and we cannot fly anyone down to help. Basically, I've been tasked with fixing a problem and I have limited experience with color copiers. Basically, I hope there is a "MacGyver" solution to this problem.

I have replaced all 4 drums and all 4 toners. I've also replaced the transfer belt assembly. I have also run calibration and transfer belt cleaning.

See attached, but the issue is the image comes out fine from the side that is closest to the front of the 2230, but the printing on the other half is streaked with white lines. When printing calibration sheets they come out looking pristine, but (I think) this is because the black part comes from the front of the copier.

If anyone can help me solve this issue, I promise to send you stickers, a patch and tshirt from McMurdo Station Antarctica.

Black and white stripes are good on a penguin, but not so good on these color copies.

Help and Thanks.

Phil
    ================================================== ==================

Is this on SINGLE BLACK only ?????

How the laser shutters are opened and the laser glass cleaned

Blank area down the center of the page in the paper feed direction on black only.

Solution :

To open the laser shutters, go into service mode mode level 1 > Copier > Function > MISC-P > select SHUT-OPEN and then select the OK tab on the screen.

This will open all four of the laser shutters.
    Now the laser glass can be cleaned using the laser glass cleaning tool attached to the front door.

To clean the laser glass first open the shutters using the service mode procedure listed previously.
    Next remove the drums. Be sure to cover the drum cylinder with a couple sheets of paper to shield them from light.
    Next insert the curved end of the laser cleaning tool pointing downwards into the slit below the drum at about the 7 O'clock position.
    Using a flash light the surface of the laser glass can be seen.
    The image shows the laser glass cleaning tool inserted into the slit of the black laser.
    35815.jpg

What does a PG 10 Test PRINT look like

Quick ?'s
    All Calibration, Test prints and Network (PC) Prints are OK ??

Is this issue from Copy Glass and DADF Copies only

If so------Check the white reference plate on the underside of the copyboard glass > see if it is soiled and can't be cleaned.

Replacement of the copyboard glass (FL3-3593-000) should resolved the problem.

================================================== ================================================
    from Canon

Light Density Streaks in the Paper Feed Direction only from Scanned Image

Problem :

When scanning documents either in Copy Mode or Scan and Send, the output image produced has light density streaks in the paper feed direction.

Solution :

_Whether an image was scanned during Copy Mode or Scan to Email / SMB / FTP or Fax, the output comes out with a wide light band with streaks in the paper feed direction. Below is a sample showing the original that was scanned on the top and the output on the bottom showing the light wide band streaks in the paper feed direction. The Scanner Unit was faulty and needed replacement.

The Scanner Unit and Flat Cable Part Numbers for each Series:

ADVANCE C2020 / C2030 Series
    Scanner Flat Cable: FM4-3392-000
    Scanner Unit: FM4-7540-000

ADVANCE C2225 / C2230 SeriesScanner Flat Cable: FK3-0860-000
    Scanner Unit: FM0-2743-000

91443.jpg
    Note: It is always a good idea to first replace the Flat Scanner Cable before replacing the Scanner Unit

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Re: Canon C2230 Color Printer. White lines on half page. Limited Antarctica resources

I have never seen anything referring to using this as a solution. I will try later today and keep you posted. Thank you so much for posting a reply.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

As above these models do tend to dump toner onto the laser & cause white streaks.

Also my first thought looking at your issue would be the black drum, you say you have replaced it, however I have had a few faulty ones over the years, mostly because they have been roughly handled in transit.

Do you have the old drum you can fit back as a quick test?

Hopefully the simple cleaning procedure teckat post will resolve it.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

I love it when it's the easiest solution--but finding out what the easiest solution is can be difficult.

I now have another tool in my copier fixing tool belt. Open the shutters and clean the laser. It did not work the first time, but the second time the shutter opening and laser cleaner worked.

This copier has been down for several months and there is rejoicing in Antarctica Today.

Please PM me your address and I will happily put together an Antarctica care package for you.