Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Imagepress C1 Color Registration Issue

I got another pesky 020 code, which I quickly resolved by replacing the Magenta developer, as the spatter shield was disintegrating and a piece got pulled into the developer unit. It happened to make a void on the developer roller exactly where the ATR sensor is, which I assume is why it pulled the code. It was my fastest 020 resolution of all time!

But, now I am experiencing some magenta registration issues. It varies from sheet to sheet. Some sheets are in perfect registration for all 4 colors, and about 1 in 4 have various degrees of mis-registrations for magenta only. It only varies by small fraction, but for 8-10 point type on business cards, it is too much.

I did have an 070-0201 error code on startup, where there was too much time in the detection of the home position and the next home position of the ITB. I cleaned the back side of the transfer belt in case there was toner buildup on the patch, and the 070 code has not come up again - but the magenta still has this varying registration problem.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? This just started - prior to this it was in perfect registration every sheet. Not sure if it would be a developer issue or more related to the ITB.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Imagepress C1 Color Registration Issue

No good deed goes unpunished with a C1.
    Run several PG10 prints to see if its actually just magenta out of registration. Since you had to clean inside itb belt, also clean drive roller and check the internal transfer roller ,does it spin freely, it may have moved out of position, I have had a bad roller cause registration issues.
    My experience on this model has always been where have I had my hands last! Good luck

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Imagepress C1 Color Registration Issue

Thanks for the suggestions. It seems to have resolved itself, so I won't rip it's guts out unless I see another registration issue!