Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts JPiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    305
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: error e000025-0310 canon c7055

    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    This pic is a 5000 series....nothing to do with 7055
    On the top of the video :




    Johan

  2. #12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Carlisle
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: error e000025-0310 canon c7055

    Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    You could get by with one (one way) gear but it could be two. Last time I thought I would replace the color hopper and it still ended up being the gear in front of it was cracked. $5 part but a couple hours of labor. I got help the first time but have done many since then. Attachment 38339
    Sorry to keep digging over this - If I got 2 new gears and replaced them both I should be up and running - no need to replace the colour hopper? if that's the case it may be worth while finding someone who is able to perform this level of surgery!

    since I am in this deep to the machine would it be worth replacing the other gears on the other colours?

    BTW I notice your in Bristol! what is your mileage rate to come to Penrith for the day!!

    Cheers
    Chris


  3. #13
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    536
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: error e000025-0310 canon c7055

    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    Not as much as taking out the color hopper. Black hopper has to come out, drums ,drum drives, devs, itb, hvt,dev drive assembly and others. I can reach inside the hopper assembly after loosening its screws and fish out the gear. Not a pleasant service call...
    That was funny! "not a pleasant service call" was a very nice way to say it! You have been there, done that. I still have several of those machines as they seemed to resell them for a while, After you do it 3 or 4 times it is not that bad, am I correct saying that? Just long and painful. I would drop something trying to fish out the gear but you could do it that way. I dropped a simple to put on clip on a 7065 fuser today I had to take the belt units back out to get to it.


  4. #14
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    536
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: error e000025-0310 canon c7055

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisio View Post
    Sorry to keep digging over this - If I got 2 new gears and replaced them both I should be up and running - no need to replace the colour hopper? if that's the case it may be worth while finding someone who is able to perform this level of surgery!

    since I am in this deep to the machine would it be worth replacing the other gears on the other colours?

    BTW I notice your in Bristol! what is your mileage rate to come to Penrith for the day!!

    Cheers
    Chris
    I think you would be ok with 2. It was suggested I replace the gears on the other color hoppers but I do not always do it and so far I do not have the same issue on each machine I do. When I had extra gears I did. Next time I am going to order color hopper and gear for front side, color hopper has same gear on it. The post about fishing the gear out was legit but you have to know where it is. Once you get to the color hoppers it is not that much more to take it out. But in doing this I have had to replace two black hoppers. There is a way you have to line up the gear when you put the black hopper and both times mine coded out that gear was in the correct place. Penrith is on the other side of the ocean from the USA I think. I would do it for free for a friend, my company charges $125 an hour plus $60 for each 1/2 hour of travel time from office. That and a plane ticket may add up to a little.


  5. #15
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Carlisle
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: error e000025-0310 canon c7055

    Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    I think you would be ok with 2. It was suggested I replace the gears on the other color hoppers but I do not always do it and so far I do not have the same issue on each machine I do. When I had extra gears I did. Next time I am going to order color hopper and gear for front side, color hopper has same gear on it. The post about fishing the gear out was legit but you have to know where it is. Once you get to the color hoppers it is not that much more to take it out. But in doing this I have had to replace two black hoppers. There is a way you have to line up the gear when you put the black hopper and both times mine coded out that gear was in the correct place. Penrith is on the other side of the ocean from the USA I think. I would do it for free for a friend, my company charges $125 an hour plus $60 for each 1/2 hour of travel time from office. That and a plane ticket may add up to a little.
    Ha Ha - I had assumed that you were in Bristol UK - yes that would be a very expensive call out! Now my local tech has seen it they are going to work with me to come up with a sensible price to fix it - The last question I have is - if I replace the colour hopper all together do I need to replace the gear as well or is it part of the hopper? or is the gear separate to the hopper?

    Cheers
    Chris


  6. #16
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    536
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: error e000025-0310 canon c7055

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisio View Post
    Ha Ha - I had assumed that you were in Bristol UK - yes that would be a very expensive call out! Now my local tech has seen it they are going to work with me to come up with a sensible price to fix it - The last question I have is - if I replace the colour hopper all together do I need to replace the gear as well or is it part of the hopper? or is the gear separate to the hopper?

    Cheers
    Chris
    Last time I did it the broken gear was in front of the color hopper (one hopper for each color). So I could have fixed it with one gear. I took the gear off the old hopper. My machines are under contract so the cheap way was with one gear but I don't want to do this again is why I ordered hopper. I forgot about the gear in front of the hopper. Do not know why I had to replace two good black developers after this work. My guess is the toner gets compacted during the moving of them and why some techs said they vacuumed out all the black toner from the hopper first. I treated the last one like a new born baby and still had to replace it.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here