Senior Tech 250+ Posts

IR 3025 won't print anymore

I had a customer call today saying they can no longer print to IR3025. She said it was printing as of around 9am but now nothing will print. If you do a test page from printer properties it sends it and it leaves the que but nothing prints. Their IT people can't figure it either. I reinstalled system software but still no print. They are able to scan to a folder and ping it so I know it's on the network. I have never had a Canon not print where it wasn't a network issue.

Re: IR 3025 won't print anymore

You might have the network people check the cable with a tester. Had a customer complaining about a system I installed about a year ago and then one day they said it was having some issues. Would print every now and then, scanned fine. Turns out they had a network guy come to work for them and he changed some things. He installed a new cable and I guess did not test it because when I tested it, one of the wires did not get a reading. Cables do go bad, just because you can ping it does not necessarily mean the cable is OK. Test the cable first and then move on from there.

And as stated be sure to flush the print que.

Are you the only one printing to this machine????
    Last edited by kuby; 12-13-2017 at 09:04 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Sounds like a classic print driver issue to me. A incompatible driver often will exhibit those symptoms. Can you print to it using a laptop and crossover cable?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

clear the print que if anything there.. a corrupt / unknown file can hang everything up...

like has been suggested take a laptop..crossover cable ... ping and print to it.. that will rule out the machine

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I did bring a laptop and it didn't print but I may have set it up wrong. Going back tomorrow.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

What driver are they using? the 3025 didn't come standard with PCL or PS...it uses UFRII as a standard print engine.

...it almost sounds to me like an IP Conflict going on. I had one a while back that every time this one delivery guy came into the building, his iPhone would grab the IP address the copier was using. Make sure the machine is on an address that's outside the DHCP range just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    I did bring a laptop and it didn't print but I may have set it up wrong. Going back tomorrow.
    did you have a crossover cable? were you able to ping the machine? take a hub and connect the machine to your laptop that way if you don't have a crossover.

make sure you put your IP address 1 over or under the address for the copier.

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    What driver are they using? the 3025 didn't come standard with PCL or PS...it uses UFRII as a standard print engine.

...it almost sounds to me like an IP Conflict going on. I had one a while back that every time this one delivery guy came into the building, his iPhone would grab the IP address the copier was using. Make sure the machine is on an address that's outside the DHCP range just to be safe.
    I set all my connected units to static IP's .. unless IT goes in and changes it you won't lose the IP scheme

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

We got it to print from my laptop and from the IT guy remotely, but we are having trouble setting up scan to folder. Another thing we can't access the copier through web interface. Any idea why?

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Could very well be a duplicate IP address issue.

It can drive you nuts. Sometimes will work, sometimes not.

Try to ping it from another PC on the network with the copier’s cable unplugged. If no response, then it’s not the problem.

If you do get a reply, it is most likely a duplicate IP, but to be sure, open a command prompt on the PC, and type “ipconfig /flushdns” to clear any values from the DNS cache, and try again.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins