Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Canon ir 1730  / toner hopper unit

Canon ir 1730 / toner hopper unit

Hi
    I have not seem many of these so I may be missing something simple.The toner cartridge is stuck

in the machine and the lock lever for unit is really difficult to turn.
    I took the hopper assembly out of machine with the toner cartridge in it ,but still cant see why it
    is stuck in unit,I took off the motor housing in the rear of unit that I think spins the toner
    so I know that is not holding it,The 2 gears in back (cam gears) are in tact but hard to turn .
    The unit looks a little tricky and seems like it would be a pain to deal with.Am I better off ordering a new hopper assembly or are there commom problems with this unit that you can help me with.The toner was spilling over into the laser unit causing quality problems.
    Any help appreciated. THANK YOU ANDY

Re: Canon ir 1730 / toner hopper unit

Quote Originally Posted by cucuklotz View Post
    Hi
    I have not seem many of these so I may be missing something simple.The toner cartridge is stuck

in the machine and the lock lever for unit is really difficult to turn.
    I took the hopper assembly out of machine with the toner cartridge in it ,but still cant see why it
    is stuck in unit,I took off the motor housing in the rear of unit that I think spins the toner
    so I know that is not holding it,The 2 gears in back (cam gears) are in tact but hard to turn .
    The unit looks a little tricky and seems like it would be a pain to deal with.Am I better off ordering a new hopper assembly or are there commom problems with this unit that you can help me with.The toner was spilling over into the laser unit causing quality problems.
    Any help appreciated. THANK YOU ANDY

Hi
    Im just reposting to see if anyone can help.It was a pain to take assembly out of machine ,So Im wondering if I try to get it right outside and put back in,I could be in for a LOOONG day,Has anyone repaired these before or just replace them?
    Thanks Andy

Re: Canon ir 1730 / toner hopper unit

Hi
    This has been onvoing drama with this machine. SINCE replacing hopper assembly the copies come out lite due to not enough toner in dv unit.when i go to customer enter service mode to force toner in and copies are fine,I could not find anyway to calibrate in service manual to set toner to hold this level and stay toned up.Is there a way to do this with tbis machine?
    Thanks for noting and help
    Andy