Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    AdvC2030 Jam 010B

AdvC2030 Jam 010B

First time to this customer, walked up to copier, the side door was open and the fuser unit was on the counter. They said it had been jamming and they couldn't find the paper. Jam code is 010B. I was going to pull out the finisher and when I removed the door that covers the the staple unit, I could see a bunch of paper lying in there. The copier is sending the paper out as if there isn't a finisher, so the paper just piles up under the finisher then throws a jam code. The copier recognizes the finisher as far as selecting staple etc. I removed the finisher and the copier works fine so I brought the finisher in to the shop to test it and it works just fine. What am I missing?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    AdvC2030 Jam 010B

Re: AdvC2030 Jam 010B

Quote Originally Posted by repeatcopiers View Post
    First time to this customer, walked up to copier, the side door was open and the fuser unit was on the counter. They said it had been jamming and they couldn't find the paper. Jam code is 010B. I was going to pull out the finisher and when I removed the door that covers the the staple unit, I could see a bunch of paper lying in there. The copier is sending the paper out as if there isn't a finisher, so the paper just piles up under the finisher then throws a jam code. The copier recognizes the finisher as far as selecting staple etc. I removed the finisher and the copier works fine so I brought the finisher in to the shop to test it and it works just fine. What am I missing?
    Still working on this issue. Went back out today with another finisher...just in case...same problem. When I took the finisher out and tried to make a 2 sided copy, the paper never goes in the 3 way unit. Jam code points to 2nd delivery sensor but I think thats just because it is never sent that direction. Could a solenoid cause this? Thinking on swapping out the 3 way unit. Any other ideas?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Not sure if the fuser was replaced because a guide must be removed from the old one and installed on the new unit.

Yep, and AFAIK without the guide it causes only doublesided prints to jam, and not singe sided..
    Johan