Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    CARROLLTON, TEXAS
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Question COLOR IMAGE CLASS 8180C

    I have had my machine for 10 years and not seen this problem before. There is no error message to replace either toner or drum.

    If I am printing multiple pages color/black & white I will get the first page or two correctly. Page 3 on color/b&w document will get a spot of color and nothing else. The remaining pages are completely blank.

    Can someone tell me what to replace?

    Thank you for this first-time poster.


  2. #2
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    COLOR IMAGE CLASS 8180C

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    2,679
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: COLOR IMAGE CLASS 8180C

    has anything been done to it lately?
    when have the drums/devs been replaced?
    what is the life % on the consumables?
    have you had any power issues in the building?

    more info needed please.


  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    CARROLLTON, TEXAS
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Question Re: COLOR IMAGE CLASS 8180C

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    has anything been done to it lately?
    when have the drums/devs been replaced?
    what is the life % on the consumables?
    have you had any power issues in the building?

    more info needed please.
    The drum has not been replaced for over a year. We have been using OEM toner cartridges only. I have a new EP-87 Black I have not installed yet, awaiting the message to do so. Have replaced Magenta, Cyan and Yellow toners within the last year. This is a single family house with no power outages at all.


  4. #4
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    COLOR IMAGE CLASS 8180C

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    2,679
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: COLOR IMAGE CLASS 8180C

    Quote Originally Posted by cjr View Post
    The drum has not been replaced for over a year. We have been using OEM toner cartridges only. I have a new EP-87 Black I have not installed yet, awaiting the message to do so. Have replaced Magenta, Cyan and Yellow toners within the last year. This is a single family house with no power outages at all.
    ah ok you are not a tech I take it. I would look at the life of the dev units... have it thoroughly cleaned and checked out by a certified canon tech.


  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    CARROLLTON, TEXAS
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Question Re: COLOR IMAGE CLASS 8180C

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    ah ok you are not a tech I take it. I would look at the life of the dev units... have it thoroughly cleaned and checked out by a certified canon tech.
    I just finished printing a group of documents placing each directly on the glass. Every document I printed on Black and White came out perfect. The lone color document I printed came out with no black text and Colors were off and blurred. I ordered a new OEM Drum just now. Do you think that will fix the problem? The machine makes thumping noises when it cooled down just now.

    I can't find a certified Canon Tech in Carrollton, TX area.

    Thank you for your help thus far.


  6. #6
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    COLOR IMAGE CLASS 8180C

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    2,679
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: COLOR IMAGE CLASS 8180C

    Quote Originally Posted by cjr View Post
    I just finished printing a group of documents placing each directly on the glass. Every document I printed on Black and White came out perfect. The lone color document I printed came out with no black text and Colors were off and blurred. I ordered a new OEM Drum just now. Do you think that will fix the problem? The machine makes thumping noises when it cooled down just now.

    I can't find a certified Canon Tech in Carrollton, TX area.

    Thank you for your help thus far.
    so you copied black pages ok .. but copying COLOR .. the colors ( except black) came out blurry?

    what drum did you purchase? and WHY?
    you never gave me the information I asked for:

    life of consumables
    what has been done.
    are you a tech or end user?

    with the machine being that old it might not even be supported..

    look for a service provider here: Service Location


  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    CARROLLTON, TEXAS
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Question Re: COLOR IMAGE CLASS 8180C

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    so you copied black pages ok .. but copying COLOR .. the colors ( except black) came out blurry?

    what drum did you purchase? and WHY?
    you never gave me the information I asked for:

    life of consumables
    what has been done.
    are you a tech or end user?

    with the machine being that old it might not even be supported..

    look for a service provider here: Service Location
    I purchased the Canon OEM drum for the model MF8180c. I am an end user. Consumables - Toner? I replace with OEM toner when I get the message to do so. I don't have as much use now that I am retired. I will check out the Service Locations and followup. Thank you.


  8. #8
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: COLOR IMAGE CLASS 8180C

    Sorry to say this, but it could very well cost you more to repair it than to buy a new one. That model is a bear to work on with the rotary drum design so the labor cost could be as much as a new one.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here