Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Staple finisher L1/iradv 7200

Have been getting complaints about intermittent dog ears on the back lead edge of the finisher. Usually doesn't jam but jam codes for the finisher are 1124. I have not seen it jam or dog ear paper, tried some settings in service mode to slow down the operation to see if that helped. Has anyone had issues with this before?
    Thanks in advance!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Staple finisher L1/iradv 7200

Re: Staple finisher L1/iradv 7200

Dog �� on paper size ??

1124 Jam on the ADVANCE C7000 / C9000 Series

Solution :

The 1124 Jam Code does not exist in the current Service Manual. However, there is a technical publication TP10 202a.pdf that explains the 1124 Jam Code which relates to a Stationary Jam at the PI104 Delivery Sensor on the Staple / Booklet Finisher. In most cases, the 1124 jam has been known to occur if paper curling is detected and possible dog earing of the lead edge of the paper coming out of the finisher.

Please perform the curl adjustment via the Paper Type Management Settings in User Mode.

Note: Although the tech pub TP10 202a.pdf displays the 1124 jam solely for the Staple / Booklet Finisher B1, the same problem has been noted in the Staple / Booklet Finisher A1.

See off noted above :-\
    Dropbox - 34083.pdf
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Thanks, I was considering paper curl as the culprit as the weather here has changed dramatically, will be going back to the client for another issue as well as this one. Thanks again!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    Have been getting complaints about intermittent dog ears on the back lead edge of the finisher. Usually doesn't jam but jam codes for the finisher are 1124. I have not seen it jam or dog ear paper, tried some settings in service mode to slow down the operation to see if that helped. Has anyone had issues with this before?
    Thanks in advance!
    Replace the reverse delivery assembly. Sometimes I also replace the door with it. I have never seen why it does it other than wear on mylars and flags. If it is full page color and it jams we increase the lead edge void.