Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts onlyinnewfoundland's Avatar

Question iR-ADV 8095 E061

Getting an E061-0101

Replaced drum blade, primary corona, pre-transfer corona, cleaned slit glass.

Machine was used, purchased through some re-seller and delivered to customer. He bought two of them, both approx 400-500k.

No real issues with machines, other than the fact that one of them conveniently had potential control disabled in service mode. Only noticed after I started digging to find the solution to a problem where customer was getting darker image on one side of prints.

This guy only prints 11x17 colored paper. He prints about 60k a month. Machine is used for one day a week to run off a newsletter on 11x17 duplex.

Am I right in assuming I should maybe replace the potential control assembly here? Looks like the re-seller wasn't honest about it working 100% before we received it.

I replaced the coronas two weeks ago - no run over xmas break. I put potential control back on, everything seemed normal. He calls me yesterday saying code is on machine again. I walked him through how to turn off potential control in service, now he's getting the dark area. Sometimes it will lessen if you run wire-clean.

Something weird happening.

I would swap entire AP-kit w/ from the other unit on site, but it is typically in use while I am there looking at the other machine.

Drum appears to be original to machine - beginning to wonder if time in storage + age has deteriorated the drum now that he is running it all in one shot with a fair amount of coverage.

This guy has no cell service in front of his machines and he's 30 minutes out of town, only runs the machine once a week lol

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    iR-ADV 8095 E061

Re: iR-ADV 8095 E061

check in service mode, under COPIER>DISPLAY>DPOT, see if it indicates the DPOT values displayed.

is the pre exposure LED turning on

check for blown fuses on Main Driver PCB
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    check in service mode, under COPIER>DISPLAY>DPOT, see if it indicates the DPOT values displayed.

is the pre exposure LED turning on

check for blown fuses on Main Driver PCB

Previous weekend i had this error on IR5055N. When i replace drum cleaning blade i (by accident) disconnected the pre-exposure LED.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    iR-ADV 8095 E061

Quote Originally Posted by apoxi View Post
    Previous weekend i had this error on IR5055N. When i replace drum cleaning blade i (by accident) disconnected the pre-exposure LED.

Two Different Animals 🐭 🐼
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**