Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

C10000 Pauses every 34 sheets

Hello everyone!

I have client with a very annoying problem: Their new C10000 (B4000 RIP) pauses for 2-3 minutes at 34 sheet intervals. It doesn't matter what SIZE the sheets are, it's a question of numbers.

I am employed by Canon, but seem to be the first person to experience this. The machine is running the latest firmware (upgraded yesterday), the RIP has all relevant patches, and I am sure this is not caused by fixing settings (Productivity/Quality or Gloss).

It's quite a simple configuration with five cassettes and one stacker. Similar to other installations where we don't have this problem. All ideas are welcome

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: C10000 Pauses every 34 sheets

What does the control panel say during this delay period, I would guess its either doing an autograd, remember this model has extra sensors, maybe they are soiled, or its bringing fusers back to temp, check those new style external heat units.

Re: C10000 Pauses every 34 sheets

Quote Originally Posted by NorthW View Post
    What does the control panel say during this delay period, I would guess its either doing an autograd, remember this model has extra sensors, maybe they are soiled, or its bringing fusers back to temp, check those new style external heat units.

"Waiting to print" on the bottom of the display - which leads me to thinking the B4000 RIP might be responsible.

In the cases you mention, the display will read either "Warming Up" or "Adjusting Fixing".

The sensors in the exit area were there in previous generation imagePRESS, they now spectrometers as opposed to densiometers. During the pause, the fixing temps are stable.