Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    smp351

Address Book Scan Profile

Our company recently moved from Xerox to Canon copiers. They are all imagerunner Advance copiers. The models are 7570i, 400IF, 4545i, 8695i. All their operating systems look pretty much identical. We created a lot of scan locations to a network share. They all scan to .PDF. Is it possible to have a few of them automatically default to .TIF instead of .PDF? I was able to do this with my older Xerox copiers. The tech who installed the copiers set up a favorite that does work but I'm trying to make it as easy as possible for the users here. Thanks. If you need anymore information let me know. Thank you very much for everyone's time.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Address Book Scan Profile

Re: Address Book Scan Profile

All imageRUNNER ADVANCE Models

Setting Default Send Settings for the imageRUNNER ADVANCE

On the older imageRUNNER devices this setting was called Edit Standard Send Settings and you could choose your dpi setting and file format.

For the imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series, this setting is now called Change Default Settings and is performed differently. Please follow steps below.

1. On the imageRUNNER ADVANCE, press Main Menu and choose which button you want to configure. For example, you can configure either Scan and Send or Scan and Store. For this example we will be using Scan and Send.

2. Press Scan and Send.

3. Change the settings you want to make the default setting. For example, set PDF and dpi settings.

4. Press Settings/Registration.

5. Press Function Settings.

6. Press Send.

7. Press Common Settings.

8. Press Change Default Settings.

9. Press Register.

It will now show you the settings you just configured for the Scan and Send button.
    If this is correct, press Yes to Register. If not, press No and start over.

NOTE: The Initialize button will erase any default settings. Do not press unless you want to erase all default send settings.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

smp351

Re: Address Book Scan Profile

Thank you for the reply. This will change the default for all the addresses in the address book? I just want to change the default for a single address book entry. I apologize if I wasn't clear in my initial post.