Senior Tech 100+ Posts Service@PRT's Avatar

IR Adv 5045i color correction

Was wondering why we cant get the right color of the original to a copy one.

The first one is the original and the 2nd is the copy.

I do all the gradiation and cleaning.. when i do the pg 10 all colors are good.

So was wondering where we gone wrong.

Toners and drums are all genuine.

Hope to hear from you guys..

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

Every day of life is a learning process...
    Just make sure you are open in all aspects of comments.

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts

Re: IR Adv 5045i color correction

The CMYK value is quite far from anything like gold or copper.
    I conclude from the photo that you are looking for something like gold color.
    Try with manual color settings.I think you are looking for a Pantone 872 C color that has a cmyk value of 0 25 56 51

Capture.PNG
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Service@PRT View Post
    Was wondering why we cant get the right color of the original to a copy one.

The first one is the original and the 2nd is the copy.

I do all the gradiation and cleaning.. when i do the pg 10 all colors are good.

So was wondering where we gone wrong.

Toners and drums are all genuine.

Hope to hear from you guys..

Got this question many times in the past 25 years.

Always ask who created original, what program was used to create original, what type of printer was used.

Is the copy of original printed off glass, or printed from a saved file, how was file saved, print driver used.

Paper being used to print.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Got this question many times in the past 25 years.

Always ask who created original, what program was used to create original, what type of printer was used.

Is the copy of original printed off glass, or printed from a saved file, how was file saved, print driver used.

Paper being used to print.
    It was made as pdf file... So its a soft copy from a computer. They print it i a big machine ricoh... So they want the output like what in soft copy. So for now i dun know how to explain it.

Depending on how you are creating the PDF you can change the PDF settings, the Standard (default) settings might be applying too much compression. Try changing your PDF Settings (joboptions) to High Quality Print:

===============

In principle, it is possible to print a PDF through some chain of programs that ends in a PDF generation with no quality loss.

Two major things have to happen to guarantee a perceptually lossless conversion:

Every link in the chain has to understand all of the document elements, and be able to pass them along to the next piece in the chain losslessly:

If the document contains embedded fonts, the font must also be installed somewhere the PDF writer can find it so it can re-embed it, or the embedded font has to somehow be passed through the chain.

If the document contains embedded applets — JavaScript, Flash, Postscript... — they have to be passed along untouched.

If the document contains hyperlinks, active forms, OCR text layers, custom page numbering, non-printing markup, comments, metadata, etc., all the pieces along the chain have to know how to pass this data through to the writer.

If the document contains mixed page sizes, the programs in the chain have to be capable of that trick, too.

No link in the chain may reinterpret any data passing through it. It is common in PDF chains for images to be resampled and converted to more efficient lossy formats, for example.
    Even if the images in your original PDF are already low-DPI JPEGs, the pieces in the chain might choose a different DPI or have a different compression level setting.

(By the way, the mere fact that there is a JPEG on either or both ends of the PDF-to-PDF chain technically means the chain is not lossless, unless the raw JPEG data is being passed through as-is somehow. However, it is possible for a recompression step to be perceptually lossless. This does not always happen, however, sometimes on purpose.)

It is possible to achieve a perceptually lossless conversion but lose editability or end up with a substantially larger file:

A PDF document containing text which was created from a primary source (that is to say, not a scan or conversion from some other document presentation format) usually contains the actual text and font data that lets the PDF reader draw the text on the screen in the same way a word processor does.

It is possible to turn such text into 2D raster or vector art in a perceptually lossless fashion. PDF even allows you to preserve searchability and screen reader accessibility by use of non-printing OCR text layers. However, such a conversion would balloon the file size and make editing much more difficult.

Vector art may be rasterized, using DPI equal to or an even multiple of the print/viewing DPI.

The chain could convert all JPEGs to TIFFs, so as to lose absolutely no image quality.

The chain could involve JPEG to JPEG, with no DPI change, but use a high fixed quality setting so as to avoid creating perceptible artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Depending on how you are creating the PDF you can change the PDF settings, the Standard (default) settings might be applying too much compression. Try changing your PDF Settings (joboptions) to High Quality Print:

===============

In principle, it is possible to print a PDF through some chain of programs that ends in a PDF generation with no quality loss.

Two major things have to happen to guarantee a perceptually lossless conversion:

Every link in the chain has to understand all of the document elements, and be able to pass them along to the next piece in the chain losslessly:

If the document contains embedded fonts, the font must also be installed somewhere the PDF writer can find it so it can re-embed it, or the embedded font has to somehow be passed through the chain.

If the document contains embedded applets — JavaScript, Flash, Postscript... — they have to be passed along untouched.

If the document contains hyperlinks, active forms, OCR text layers, custom page numbering, non-printing markup, comments, metadata, etc., all the pieces along the chain have to know how to pass this data through to the writer.

If the document contains mixed page sizes, the programs in the chain have to be capable of that trick, too.

No link in the chain may reinterpret any data passing through it. It is common in PDF chains for images to be resampled and converted to more efficient lossy formats, for example.
    Even if the images in your original PDF are already low-DPI JPEGs, the pieces in the chain might choose a different DPI or have a different compression level setting.

(By the way, the mere fact that there is a JPEG on either or both ends of the PDF-to-PDF chain technically means the chain is not lossless, unless the raw JPEG data is being passed through as-is somehow. However, it is possible for a recompression step to be perceptually lossless. This does not always happen, however, sometimes on purpose.)

It is possible to achieve a perceptually lossless conversion but lose editability or end up with a substantially larger file:

A PDF document containing text which was created from a primary source (that is to say, not a scan or conversion from some other document presentation format) usually contains the actual text and font data that lets the PDF reader draw the text on the screen in the same way a word processor does.

It is possible to turn such text into 2D raster or vector art in a perceptually lossless fashion. PDF even allows you to preserve searchability and screen reader accessibility by use of non-printing OCR text layers. However, such a conversion would balloon the file size and make editing much more difficult.

Vector art may be rasterized, using DPI equal to or an even multiple of the print/viewing DPI.

The chain could convert all JPEGs to TIFFs, so as to lose absolutely no image quality.

The chain could involve JPEG to JPEG, with no DPI change, but use a high fixed quality setting so as to avoid creating perceptible artifacts.
    Thanks for the input.. will tell them exactly what you said.. so that they will understand it fully.

Technician

Does your machine have Postscript of a Fiery? UFRII and PCL will not have a perfect print. Postscript will give you a much better color match. A Fiery will give you more adjustability for picky customers. This job would be so much easier without customers. You are only mixing 4 colors and trying to make millions of colors. Every printer will create colors differently. This is why Photo printers use more than 4 inks. You can't compare one to the other. None will match the screen of the computer either.

Quote Originally Posted by OEM1 View Post
    Does your machine have Postscript of a Fiery? UFRII and PCL will not have a perfect print. Postscript will give you a much better color match. A Fiery will give you more adjustability for picky customers. This job would be so much easier without customers. You are only mixing 4 colors and trying to make millions of colors. Every printer will create colors differently. This is why Photo printers use more than 4 inks. You can't compare one to the other. None will match the screen of the computer either.
    There is no fiery on canon.. IR Adv 5045i color correction but in ricoh there is.. thats why!

Quote Originally Posted by Service@PRT View Post
    There is no fiery on canon.. IR Adv 5045i color correction but in ricoh there is.. thats why!

with a Fiery attached u have better control of calibration and color control (Canon or RICOH )

note: I believe these 2 different printers lay down color in a different sequence