Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Canon IR 3235 firmware update, password reset

So... client wants me to get hismachine working again after several months on standby.

First thing i noticed is the machine has an admin password thats not the default factory one, so im wondering if i do a PASS CLEAR under service mode will delete any settings? would be good to save time configuring scan to folders and email.

Also, im not sure if this machine is on the latest firmware version, attached is a picture of the info screens. Can anyone help me to find the latest firmware in case the machine is not updated already?

thank you...20171207_132628.jpg

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Re: Canon IR 3235 firmware update, password reset

That series did not come with a default pass word so someone put one in, doing a password clear in service mode will not wipe any user settings other than the password.

As far as firmware goes it looks like your main controller is at 80.02 which is only installed when you have a data erase kit installed. in which case don't mess with it, changing the firmware with a data erase kit will ruin your day and possibly the machine.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Canon IR 3235 firmware update, password reset

Just reset password on service mode, it worked.
    didnt know about that data erease killswitch, better not to mess around with it, thanks for the tip.