Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    code66

changing drum

its better to change the drum together with cleaning blade ,the blade is cheaper.this to avoid the new drum getting scratched from old c/blade.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Replacing drum on Canon IR3300

Hi all, I am new on this forum. I joined because recently I just bought canon copier ir3300. This machine is refurb, I bought it from copier importer dealer and not official canon dealer. Why? bcause the price is only 1/5 new one (not to mention that 3300 already discontinued). I use this machine on my small computer rent shop.

Because I dont have officially canon support and only from unofficially dealer, so I want to know about my machine outside-inside so I can do maintenance and perhaps repair my self.

Ok, up to this point, maybe some of the techs want to post "no, you need proper training, thats not you job, etc..". And I will answer, off course! if I want this machine have proper handling I will ask auth personnel. But, I already said before, the money is the main reason.

Yes, I am not official canon tech, but I my self is service engineer. So, I already familiar with tech stuff. Of course I will need many advice from experience tech (thats why I join copytechnet) and doing a lot of dirty hand on my machine.
    Yes,there is a chance I will broke my machine in the process, but I'll take that risk . after all this is not rocket science.

Ok, now about this thread. First, I want to say thanks to Oze and all of you guys for explaining how to replacing drum. Before reading this thread, I dont know that we have to do some procedures when replacing drum.

When my machine came, there is a black dot on the copied paper. Then, the dealer tech, open the front cover, turn green lever and blue lever, unscrew drum and pull it out. after that he open drum side cover, unscrew three nuts, then cleaning the roller with lubricant, then reinstall again. But the problem still occur. So, he decide the drum was defect and will order the "new" one, of course I didn't have to pay, because that was in installation process and still on their responsibility.

The day after, the tech come back and just replace the drum. He didn't do all that Oze mention and maybe he also dont know

In the future, I want to change the drum myself and from discussion above I conclude procedure have to do are :
    1. Replace the drum
    2. Clean transfer roller
    3. Empty / check waste toner
    4. Clean / replace heatsink roller in the fuser
    5. Run DPC D-Gamma function
    6. ??
    Please remind me if there are points I missed

By the way, can I put waste toner back to the toner cartridge?

Once again I want to say many thanks for people here for sharing his experience/knowledge to others.

cheers

madu

Technician
    Just an answer to reusing the waste toner. Do NOT Reuse the waste toner as basically it is the remaining toner particles mixed with paper dust. If you add that to you new toner it will be contaminated and you will loose the quality of your new toner

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CopymanAZ View Post
    Just an answer to reusing the waste toner. Do NOT Reuse the waste toner as basically it is the remaining toner particles mixed with paper dust. If you add that to you new toner it will be contaminated and you will loose the quality of your new toner
    that make sense
    thanks for the info Copyman

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

It looks as though you have the basic preventative maintenance steps. And never reuse waste toner. Your image quality will degrade quickly.

It will get a little more complicated when you have a fuser to rebuild, or a feed unit to repair, but that can wait until the time comes. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

In those steps for a drum service...the last one is to clean the optics(mirrors for the scanner)....the lint tape and wash up the DADF rollers...then you'll have given the machine a pretty decent PM service.
    Remember to power the machine down and remove the power plug from the wall...the scan rail stays live.
    Just use a clean,lint free cloth for the job and you'll be good to go.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    In those steps for a drum service...the last one is to clean the optics(mirrors for the scanner)....the lint tape and wash up the DADF rollers...then you'll have given the machine a pretty decent PM service.
    Remember to power the machine down and remove the power plug from the wall...the scan rail stays live.
    Just use a clean,lint free cloth for the job and you'll be good to go.
    you're rock Oze

thx for the advice

lekamarie

Question Re: Replacing drum on Canon IR3300

The instructions above do not seem to apply to an Image Runner C3380. It appears there are four! Would someone be able to advise on this? It is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!