Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    jen1023

Unhappy Replacing drum on Canon IR3300

I need instructions for replacing the drum on my Canon IR3300 - the manual doesn't cover the drum at all. I have the new drum but it only comes with instructions for installing the new one - not removing the old one and I don't want to break anything.

Thank you!

The only instructions I can give is to pick up the phone and call a tech.
    Replacing the drum unit in an iR3300 SHOULD be a job for a TECH as there are many other things that can and should be carried out as part of routine maintenance.
    Cleaning the transfer roller,optics,emptying waste toner,replacing the heatsink roller not to mention running DPC from service mode after replacing the drum....NONE of those(Including replacing the drum) are found in the USER GUIDE because if they wanted the User to do it they would have included a chapter for it.
    So in short...no...call your Canon service provider or the people that you have a maintenance agreement with because it's a tech's job...NOT your job.

jen1023
    Thanks for nothing.

jen1023

Thumbs down

I just wanted to let you know what a complete LOSER you are!!!

I just paid $115 to watch the tech spend 5 minutes - he flipped 2 levers and took off one screw, unwrapped the new drum, popped it in and replaced the screw and levers. Thanks a lot you know-it-all technician with the better-than-thou attitude - replacing the toner was harder than that and instructions for that ARE in the manual!

And, the technician said the only thing to worry about was uncovering the sensitive part of the drum because the light can ruin it. Would it have been so hard to tell me that on the front end and save me the cost of a service call? If you didn't know how to change it, maybe someone else with more experience with drums on a Canon IR3300 could have responded.

Oh, and I asked him about waste toner - he said in his career, he's never had to change the waste toner.

Again, THANKS for NOTHING!!!!!

You know, if you don't want the general public to have access to your site, you should make it so that not just anyone can register.

I just paid $115 to watch the tech spend 5 minutes - he flipped 2 levers and took off one screw, unwrapped the new drum, popped it in and replaced the screw and levers.
    You got ripped off
    He ONLY changed the drum??
    Note from my previous post:
    Cleaning the transfer roller,optics,emptying waste toner,replacing the heatsink roller not to mention running DPC from service mode after replacing the drum
    THAT is a total drum service call.
    Your chosen tech sounds like a noob...e.g.:
    Oh, and I asked him about waste toner - he said in his career, he's never had to change the waste toner.
    I'm guessing that's coz he can't FIND the container...or he's only seen one or two 2200 series in his VAST career.
    That'd have to be the only reason that "he's never had to empty waste toner"
    Did he run a DPC on your machine in service mode?...did he check counters to see if any parts were worn and in need of replacing?
    I never held back info because of an overinflated ego...I held back the info because a GOOD tech will give your machine a TOTAL service call...not rip you off for $115 to as you put it,
    flipped 2 levers and took off one screw, unwrapped the new drum, popped it in and replaced the screw and levers.
    You feel that for the money you paid any two thumbed relative of a monkey could have done the job...even you?.
    Well you're correct...anyone can change the drum.
    Replacing a drum without cleaning the transfer roller can lessen the life of your new drum.
    Replacing a drum without replacing the heatsink roller in the fuser can AND WILL affect copy quality.
    Replacing a drum without running a DPC WILL lessen the life of your drum as the voltages for potential surface of the drum will still be from the old worn drum.
    As a drum wears the machine adjusts the voltages that deliver the potential across the drum surface and this needs to be reset at the time that the drum was replaced.
    The tech that you chose did NONE of the things that I mentioned should be done in the service call coz he's going to gouge you every time you need a service call.
    He's going to come out and fix the one problem and then leave...neglecting the 50 or so other things that are past their use by date and about to fall over.
    My advice was to get a tech to do the job...I DO feel a little embarreassed that you got stuck with a shonky cowboy for a tech...good luck on the next dozen or so service calls...hope yer a millionaire
    Last edited by Oze; 09-12-2008 at 10:34 AM.

Oh...and for the record?
    You know, if you don't want the general public to have access to your site, you should make it so that not just anyone can register.
    It's not MY site.
    For you to get to this thread you have to enter the TECHNICAL FORUMS > FAX & TECHNICAL DISCUSSION area of the site.
    This is a forum for TECHNICIANS to help each other out...NOT the local Canon Technical support desk.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    Oh...and for the record?

This is a forum for TECHNICIANS to help each other out...NOT the local Canon Technical support desk.

Amen!
    If replacement of drum on any mid volume machine from any brand was so easy I should be able to complete 10 or more service calls per day, not 4-5.
    You got A GOOD advice from tech (whom you name looser) who seems to me knows his job, and are not robbed by him, it was up to you to ask a question and got an answer, it was up to you to call that pseudo-tech, and finally it's your money.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts northerntech's Avatar
    I am factory trained on the IR22/28/3300 canon and you sir got ripped off as stated there is a proceedure to follow when replacing a drum. as you where told in your first reply. I would contact the company to come back and do it right as you seem to have won the battle in your own mind, however we tech's of the world know that you will loose in the end.

Cheers guys

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    Cheers guys
    my God i think this jen is a big jerk n joke..rubbish..full of rubbish