Senior Tech 100+ Posts

multiple toner motor errors canon c7055

Hi.

After repairing the one way gear on the back of the cyan hopper I am now getting multiple error codes relating to each hopper they are

E025-0302
    E025-0202
    E025-0102

We reset the code, cycle the machine and another pops up. all wiring etc has been checked it will print maybe 1-3 pages before the error happens and there is no pattern to the error codes. Could it be something as simple as impacted toner and vacuuming out the hoppers from the front will rectify it of have we done anything when rebuilding the machine?

Thanks
    Chris

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    multiple toner motor errors canon c7055

Re: multiple toner motor errors canon c7055

Quote Originally Posted by chrisio View Post
    Hi.

After repairing the one way gear on the back of the cyan hopper I am now getting multiple error codes relating to each hopper they are

E025-0302
    E025-0202
    E025-0102

We reset the code, cycle the machine and another pops up. all wiring etc has been checked it will print maybe 1-3 pages before the error happens and there is no pattern to the error codes. Could it be something as simple as impacted toner and vacuuming out the hoppers from the front will rectify it of have we done anything when rebuilding the machine?

Thanks
    Chris

Check

You can mistakely swap the two harnesses when reattaching.

The Toner Feed Screw Rotation Sensor and the Hopper Toner Level Sensor are the two sensors.

It is important to note that the Toner Feed Screw Rotation Sensor has 3 wires and the Hopper Toner Level Sensor has 4.
    As for the technician that experienced this, he stated that the connector easily plugged in to each sensor.

The E025 0x02 refers to the Toner Feed Screw Rotation error. Below shows the two sensor harnesses.

E025-0102 / 0202 / 0302 / 0402 Codes Are Occurring at Random Times.

The E025-0x02 is defined as: The toner rotation sensor cannot detect the rotation of the toner supply screw.

Workaround :

In this case, replacing the hopper driver board board corrected the issue.
    The part number for the hopper driver board is FM3-9573-000.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chrisio View Post
    Hi.

E025-0302
    E025-0202
    E025-0102

Thanks
    Chris
    Most likely you will have to take it out again. I have had to replace the black hopper twice after replacing the one way gears. Sometimes you will find other broken one way gears when you go to replace the problem one. Taking out the toner may help. That is one big pain to fix. Last time I replaced the color hopper with the problem one, there was another gear in front that broke.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    Most likely you will have to take it out again. I have had to replace the black hopper twice after replacing the one way gears. Sometimes you will find other broken one way gears when you go to replace the problem one. Taking out the toner may help. That is one big pain to fix. Last time I replaced the color hopper with the problem one, there was another gear in front that broke.
    Funny you should say that - we had the same problem with the black hopper but taking that out and then reinstalling has cured that problem and it will print black all day long now - however ask for colour and then the fun starts.

I am not looking forward to taking it all apart again that's for certain!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

Check

The Toner Feed Screw Rotation Sensor and the Hopper Toner Level Sensor are the two sensors.

It is important to note that the Toner Feed Screw Rotation Sensor has 3 wires and the Hopper Toner Level Sensor has 4.
    As for the technician that experienced this, he stated that the connector easily plugged in to each sensor.

The E025 0x02 refers to the Toner Feed Screw Rotation error. Below shows the two sensor harnesses.

The E025-0x02 is defined as: The toner rotation sensor cannot detect the rotation of the toner supply screw.

Workaround :

That's very much for that. I don't think it's the harnesses as we didn't unplug anything as we ended up not swapping the cyan hopper as the fault was clearly the one way gear (famous last words) the drive board looks to be promising however I'm loathed to take a punt on it. Could it still be the drive board if I'm not getting a problem with the black hopper?

Thanks
    Chris

Senior Tech 100+ Posts khattab.al.masry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

Check

Workaround :

Mr:Teckat you really technical engineer amazing.
    really I respect your help and knowledge.
    great greetings for you Mr:Teckat.

Sent from my SM-J700H using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ok. Sorry to drag this one up again! in an effort to avoid taking out the hoppers again I found a brand new motor driver board for much cheapness and installed, closed the machine up and the same thing happened! however I cleared the codes and tried again this time with the door open so I could watch for anything funky and its now working - printed off several hundred colour copies where before it would error after about 5. It seems there is a problem within the harness - would this be feasible - and if so does anyone have the part numbers for the two harnesses that go to the hoppers?

Cheers
    Chris