E602-0513 then E748-2024 IrA-C7065 w-ImagePASS-A1

Received E602-513 (hard disk failure) power down machine, Fiery showing '00' prior to powering down. Upon repowering the machine, I received E748-2024 (Main Controller board 2 Access Errors), reseated Main controller PCBs 1 & 2, no joy... Fiery is not starting/powering on when restarting the main unit. Reseated DIMMS on both PCBs and reseated Fiery PCB on controller PCB 2, still no joy.

Something of note, main controller 2 did not have the two retention screws that hold it into the chassis when I went to removed it the first time (presumably from when the original dealer was installing the Fiery hardware). Wondering if this allowed the board to wiggle loose from the connector. Screws are in it now, not that it makes any difference at this point in time...

Any help would be appreciated.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: E602-0513 then E748-2024 IrA-C7065 w-ImagePASS-A1

Counter PCBs and SATA Flash PCBs are no longer available for purchase. As a result, please handle E350 / E355 and E748

E350 / E355 Error Codes:

Call the Technical Support Center (1-800-528-2830).

E748 Error Codes:

Refer to the Service Manual. If the Service Manual states, Contact to the Sales Companies, stop and call the Technical Support Center (1-800-528-2830).
    *NOTE 1: For any of these error codes, do not swap any PCB's from any other machine. Doing so may render both machines unrecoverable.
    *NOTE 2: Do not use any of the User Mode or Service Mode clears when encountering these error codes. Executing the Service Mode or User Mode clears may render the machine unrecoverable.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

E602-xxxx is usually HDD related, you may want to reload the system software before replacing any boards.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by icesoft View Post
    Received E602-513 (hard disk failure) power down machine, Fiery showing '00' prior to powering down. Upon repowering the machine, I received E748-2024 (Main Controller board 2 Access Errors), reseated Main controller PCBs 1 & 2, no joy... Fiery is not starting/powering on when restarting the main unit. Reseated DIMMS on both PCBs and reseated Fiery PCB on controller PCB 2, still no joy.

Something of note, main controller 2 did not have the two retention screws that hold it into the chassis when I went to removed it the first time (presumably from when the original dealer was installing the Fiery hardware). Wondering if this allowed the board to wiggle loose from the connector. Screws are in it now, not that it makes any difference at this point in time...

Any help would be appreciated.

Example-----------C7065 / C7055 / C9075 PRO / C9065 PRO

E602-0513 is pointing to a corrupt partition (APL_GEN) on the Hard Disk Drive.

Replacing the Main Controller PCB, formatting the Hard Disk Drive and re-install ing System Software did not remedy the error code.

Workaround :

E602-0513 error code was resolved by replacing the Hard Disk Drive and installing the latest System Software on the new Hard Disk Drive.

FK4-0993-000 Hard Disk Drive

I have not installed any replacement Main Controller PCBs in this machine (yet). I am about to purchase a used Main Controller 2 PCB, and swap the original counter memory to the replacement Main Controller 2 PCB. But I have some questions/comments before I do...

What I've tried so far:

1. I removed the original HDD, ran a surface scan with Seagate Seatools for DOS (HDD is Seagate branded), which checked out GOOD.
    2. I obtained the latest firmware v83.04.01 for this machine, copied the unzipped firmware and the .IFT file to a USB drive, and started the machine with 2+8, selected upgrade firmware, got something similar to 'reading FW [NG]' error.
    3. Generated a backup image of the original HDD so I could return it to its current state if the format/upgrade failed...
    4. Tried formatting HDD, which ran for some time, then also gave an error of some sort... (since the HDD tested good outside of the machine, this and the E748-2024 makes me suspect the Main Controller 2 PCB)
    5. I'm going under the assumption that the Main Controller 2 PCB is actually bad, shorted or otherwise since there were no screws holding it into the main chassis. The failure occurred when the machine was woken up from sleep, so I think the vibration from the machine warming up may have walked the controller board out of the socket while the machine was powered on. Service manual only suggests that the main controller 2 pcb is bad since reseating it did not fix the issue.

Note: I cannot remember the exact errors I received from items 2 and 4 above, I got pulled off of this unit for a couple weeks.

So the question I have:

Do I need to use the SST to make the USB drive, or is copying the firmware and .IFT file sufficient for this machine? The person I got the firmware from suggested that the SST is not required for this machine...

Since I cannot backup the settings on this machine (because it's failed in such a way that I cannot boot it up enough to get into service mode), will I run into any other issues after replacing the Main Controller 2 PCB and retaining the original counter PCB, or will reformatting the HDD and reloading firmware be required after Main PCB2 replacement?

Am I correct on my assumptions with Item #5 above?

Thanks for your help Tekcat and Copier Tech! It is much appreciated!

Register firmware into SST
    Then use the SST to transfer firmware to s formatted USB stick.

Get a new HDD > format it> load in firmware that is on stick.

I would not swap an original counter pcb to a refurbished purchased main 2 pcb.

U live by the sword_u die by the sword. 😱

Conclusion/fix to this failure.

Error was caused by a failed Main Controller 1 PCB. Data was not being transferred to/from HDD through MCON-1 board (USB/SST would not reload software). Replaced MCON-1 with good used board, reloaded firmware via SST.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by icesoft View Post
    Conclusion/fix to this failure.

Error was caused by a failed Main Controller 1 PCB. Data was not being transferred to/from HDD through MCON-1 board (USB/SST would not reload software). Replaced MCON-1 with good used board, reloaded firmware via SST.
    Wow a year later a very understanding client!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

It got fixed a while ago. I stumbled across my old post while looking for something else and thought I should close the loop...