Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Canon IR 3035 not picking paper up

Hi, Canon IR 3035 on standby for around 4 months, client tells me she stopped using the machine because it was jamming a lot in the fuser area, after checking the fixing unit i can see fixing film is done, several dark rings and even peeling off in the middle section so im sure the jams were caused by this, however...

Theres another problem, whenever i send a copy, machine throws a paper jam, and i can see the machine isnt picking paper up from any cassette, tried all 4 of them and it doesnt even get out of the casette, tried around 50 times and only 3 copies went through normally, and error clears after opening and closing the door and cassette.

Tried cleaning pickup rollers, guides, cleaning cassettes and none of it worked, as i said, it happens with all 4 cassettes so its not isolated to just one thats faulty.

Any ideas? suggestions? it looks to me as if whatever drives the cassette pickup rollers isnt working properly and when it fails to pick paper up, machine throws a jam error.

Any help appreciated.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IR 3035 not picking paper up

Re: Canon IR 3035 not picking paper up

Did u remove the pick up unit for a complete inspection ?
    Do u receive same jam codes out of all trays ?
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LTTP View Post
    Hi, Canon IR 3035 on standby for around 4 months, client tells me she stopped using the machine because it was jamming a lot in the fuser area, after checking the fixing unit i can see fixing film is done, several dark rings and even peeling off in the middle section so im sure the jams were caused by this, however...

Theres another problem, whenever i send a copy, machine throws a paper jam, and i can see the machine isnt picking paper up from any cassette, tried all 4 of them and it doesnt even get out of the casette, tried around 50 times and only 3 copies went through normally, and error clears after opening and closing the door and cassette.

Tried cleaning pickup rollers, guides, cleaning cassettes and none of it worked, as i said, it happens with all 4 cassettes so its not isolated to just one thats faulty.

Any ideas? suggestions? it looks to me as if whatever drives the cassette pickup rollers isnt working properly and when it fails to pick paper up, machine throws a jam error.

Any help appreciated.
    That series is one jamming machine. I think 90% of my calls were for jams. Most of mine have been replaced. There are damper pads all over, rubber pads behind the flags on the sensors that the flag sticks to. The problem one is at the registration roller, pull back on it and if it is sticky you will feel it. I take the feed sections out and reach back and peel off the sticky rubber. I still find them and after all these years think I have taken them off. The right door has changed. They originally had a foam piece that helped for a while. The transport rollers have changed from black to grey. I used to have a bulletin with all the changes but can not find it now. You may try and push on the lower right door and see if that is the problem. Really a frustrating machine to feed paper after many years and a lot of copies. Clean the heck out of all the rollers that transport the paper. New style rollers with the ribs really help. I think those rollers cut my calls down 25%. I may be mistaken but I think the drive for the feed is in the feed unit. Only had a few problems with the registration clutch. Sometimes the clutches get rusty. On the door there are pads that stick to a guide. If the first copy jams and then it starts feeding it is usually one of those pads.Removing damper pads.pdf

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Did u remove the pick up unit for a complete inspection ?
    Do u receive same jam codes out of all trays ?
    Sorry for the late reply ive been busy with other machines, but 2 days ago i finally had the time to work on this one. Error codes are different, sensors PS9, PS17, PS4A, PS13, PS10 give me delay errors.

So i did what dan7777 suggested, replaced all 4 sets of pickup rollers, took the door off cleaned every single roller and guide on it, removed every damper pad i could see, and now it feeds paper as it should, threw 200 copies at it and zero jams.

Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    That series is one jamming machine.
    indeed it is, did what you suggested and removed all damper pads on the door and on the tray side, seems to be working properly now, thanks.