Technician

Canon Booklet Trimmer D1

Hello everyone !

I am trying to do a 3 way trimming on Booklet Trimmer D1 and for some reason the booklet will come from the finisher and stay at the infeed belt of the D1 and the engine will pop up 'Paper jam error (as seen on the photo attached). I know this trimmer worked before and did 3 way trim.

Any help will be much appreciated !

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Canon Booklet Trimmer D1

Your infeed belts maybe slipping, get a magic marker and mark each belt in same spot and run a few books, not the job that's jamming. Then check the position of those belt marks again. You can try to clean underside of belts and pulleys, but if they are stretched you better off to replace.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by NorthW View Post
    Your infeed belts maybe slipping, get a magic marker and mark each belt in same spot and run a few books, not the job that's jamming. Then check the position of those belt marks again. You can try to clean underside of belts and pulleys, but if they are stretched you better off to replace.
    It did a couple of books couple of weeks ago and now it can not pass any book. With the booklet in the position where it did jam, I did run the trimmer independently and from the machine (using the service pcb) and there it passes/trims perfectly. Maybe I am doing something wrong on Fiery 3-way trim ?

Thanks again, I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technician

Thank you for the advise. I did reply yesterday through tapatalk app but it seems that it didnt come through. I did mark the belts and it looks they are not slipping. From the moment where it 'jams' I am able to manually continue the trimming process via Service PCB of the trimmer and the booklet trims perfectly. I doubt that either the trimmer is not getting the correct data from the machine in order to continue to roll those infeed belts or one of those sensors in the infeed assy is not sensing something. Also the booklet stops on top of the hooks and therefore the hooks are not pushing the edge of it to the trimming section. I will clean the infeed assy and see. I am also PM-ing you now !

Thanks again !

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Firstly need to see what jam code the machine is giving, to eliminate the Fiery do a copy job with a cover and see what happens. Good you have the service manual for the fore edge trimmer too.

Technician

As per your advise, I did copy job, and it still jammed. The Jam code is 1F58.

Thnx

Technician

I eliminated the booklet trimmer and installed the saddle output assy. It still jams, so basically it jams on the saddle finisher. Any advise ?