Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    emchichi

Post Imagerunner 2520 scanning and network issues

Hi,

Till recently I have been managing a network installed canon imagerunner 2520 for a client. it connects to the network through a cisco switch which in turn connects to a router withwireless capability. some machines connect wirelessly while others are wired and all have been able to print and scan using the ufrii and scangear softwares.

A few days ago, the pcs stopped scanning, that is a request to scan would time out and the scangear software would not start but instead give an error message. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling both softwares but to not avail. To add to the situation now all machines are failing to print. i tried reinstalling the urfii software and now i cannot see the printer from the pcs. Attempts to access the remote ui from the pcs are successful though. Kindly assist.

Regards

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Re: Imagerunner 2520 scanning and network issues

Can you ping it? If not check the network settings on the device. Something else to consider: I have had devices suddenly or erratically work when there is a duplicate IP address. A customer had some employees with laptops that came in once a week, and one of their laptops grabbed the printer address, they must have had it off at the time.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Imagerunner 2520 scanning and network issues

Re: Imagerunner 2520 scanning and network issues

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    Can you ping it? If not check the network settings on the device. Something else to consider: I have had devices suddenly or erratically work when there is a duplicate IP address. A customer had some employees with laptops that came in once a week, and one of their laptops grabbed the printer address, they must have had it off at the time.
    this is one reason I have their IT dept put the address in the 'reserved' IP range list. Then set to static. that should remove the "duplicate IP" issue.