Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

IR Advance C5030 not booting

A rather old 3rd hand C503 that's used at our office suddenly went dead... User tried to powerdown and up again, but it didn't boot up to the normal display. Instead it hung at app 1/3rd of the init bar...
    After opening and closing some doors and powering up and down it once booted back, just to say there was no networkconnection... Led was off. They tried a different cable but it didn't help. Powering down and up again it now completely fails to go any further than 1/3rd of the progess bar. it doesn't show any signs it tries to inialise or engage drums or ITB...

I tried reseating Bootrom, RAM, all the cables etc but it fails to get back to life...

I'ts a pretty old machine with over 500K on it, so I don't think my boss will spend a lot of money on it... it was just used to sqeeze the last prints out of it since it was returned from the customer after servicing the contract...
    Johan

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: IR Advance C5030 not booting

Quote Originally Posted by JPiek View Post
    A rather old 3rd hand C503 that's used at our office suddenly went dead... User tried to powerdown and up again, but it didn't boot up to the normal display. Instead it hung at app 1/3rd of the init bar...
    After opening and closing some doors and powering up and down it once booted back, just to say there was no networkconnection... Led was off. They tried a different cable but it didn't help. Powering down and up again it now completely fails to go any further than 1/3rd of the progess bar. it doesn't show any signs it tries to inialise or engage drums or ITB...

I tried reseating Bootrom, RAM, all the cables etc but it fails to get back to life...

I'ts a pretty old machine with over 500K on it, so I don't think my boss will spend a lot of money on it... it was just used to sqeeze the last prints out of it since it was returned from the customer after servicing the contract...
    Sounds like it needs the software reinstalled or a new hard drive. Try holding down 2 and 4 and boot up and see if it tells you what is wrong.

Re: IR Advance C5030 not booting

Hi Dan,

thanks for your help.. I tried holding 2&4 while powering on, but the situation stays the same... It just stuck at 1/3rd of the progress bar, no matter what I try...

Next week there's a 5255i coming back from a contract, I guess we'll put that one up there instead...
    Johan