Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

IR ADV 6255 E748-2024

any idea about this code?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR ADV 6255 E748-2024

Re: IR ADV 6255 E748-2024

E748-2024 is described in the service manual as Main Controller 2 access errors, and suggests re-seating, or the possible replacement of Main Controller 1 or 2.

Check If the copier will go into 2 & 8, download mode. If yes try flashing the software. If the software is unsuccessful, try holding down 2 & 4, to display the Box Checker screen. This may help isolate the failing component. If this too is unsuccessful, try unplugging the HDD, and powering up the copier.
    If E602 is displayed, there is a good possibility of the Main Controller 1 causing the failure.

It has also been found in some cases that if the HDD is unplugged, and the copier powered up, it may point to the Flash PCB and the copier may display an E748 error code.
    In this particular case, the copier displayed an E602 when it was booted with the HDD unplugged. Replacement of Main Controller 1 resolved the
    E748-2024 error code.

u could also try to
    Reseating the DDR2-SDRAM on Main controller 2

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    E748-2024 is described in the service manual as Main Controller 2 access errors, and suggests re-seating, or the possible replacement of Main Controller 1 or 2.

Check If the copier will go into 2 & 8, download mode. If yes try flashing the software. If the software is unsuccessful, try holding down 2 & 4, to display the Box Checker screen. This may help isolate the failing component. If this too is unsuccessful, try unplugging the HDD, and powering up the copier.
    If E602 is displayed, there is a good possibility of the Main Controller 1 causing the failure.

It has also been found in some cases that if the HDD is unplugged, and the copier powered up, it may point to the Flash PCB and the copier may display an E748 error code.
    In this particular case, the copier displayed an E602 when it was booted with the HDD unplugged. Replacement of Main Controller 1 resolved the
    E748-2024 error code.

u could also try to
    Reseating the DDR2-SDRAM on Main controller 2

first i try the download mode is fine, format HDD perfect, copying files from usb perfect, when installing its give e748-2024 again
    second, i try unplug the HDD, its getting e602-0001
    third, i try to access Box Checker, but still the machine can't access it, still get e748-2024

last try to replace the Main Controller 2 with other machine, i got e748-2012.
    then i try reinstalling system software, problem solved.

thank you sir .

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR ADV 6255 E748-2024

Quote Originally Posted by oxzz View Post
    first i try the download mode is fine, format HDD perfect, copying files from usb perfect, when installing its give e748-2024 again
    second, i try unplug the HDD, its getting e602-0001
    third, i try to access Box Checker, but still the machine can't access it, still get e748-2024

last try to replace the Main Controller 2 with other machine, i got e748-2012.
    then i try reinstalling system software, problem solved.

thank you sir .

Good Luck !!!

point to note

Counter PCBs and SATA Flash PCBs are no longer available for purchase.

E350 / E355 Error Codes:

E748 Error Codes:

*NOTE 1: For any of these error codes, do not swap any PCB's from any other machine. Doing so may render both machines unrecoverable.
    *NOTE 2: Do not use any of the User Mode or Service Mode clears when encountering these error codes.
    Executing the Service Mode or User Mode clears may render the machine unrecoverable.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**