Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

IR adv 4245 message the appropriate paper size A4 is not available when using the ADF

Im getting the apropriate paper size A4 is not available message when using the adf . I tried in service mode to calibrate the adf tray guides to ltr and ltr-r but still have the same problem.in service mode feeder/display it says feed size A4. Tray Wide shows numbers that move when you move the guides on the adf tray. next I tried changing in service mode feeder/option/size sw from 0 to 1. when try to copy get message to use A3 paper and in service mode feeder/display it is showing feed size LTR.
    Does anyone know what I can try to fix this? Thanks

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR adv 4245 message the appropriate paper size A4 is not available when using the ADF

Re: IR adv 4245 message the appropriate paper size A4 is not available when using the

Problem :

A message of "The most proper size A4 is not available" appears on the display, when running originals through the document feeder. MODEL-SZ was set to 1 and SENS-CNF was also set to 1, but the message still occurred.

Solution :

Check the country / region / language / location / paper size configuration in service mode under COPIER>OPTION>FNC-SW>CONFIG.

To resolve the issue set the paper size to inch configuration. Set 01 for the last octet
    See pic link
    Dropbox - 90290_1 (1).jpeg

Or-------
    Choose appropriate paper size, custom not available' error on the device when printing from Adobe Acrobat and the option "Choose paper Source by PDF page size" is checked off .

This issue you having is when [PS output from Application] is turned to "ON" or "Auto".
    When this option is set to "ON" or "Auto" you will get the error on the device "Choose appropriate paper size, custom not available."

This happen because when [PS output from Application] is turned to "ON" or "Auto Adobe will print directly to the printer skipping the Canon Printer Driver.

When [PS output from Application] is turned to "OFF" Adobe Acrobat PDF files will print through Canon Printer driver utilizing the Canon printing settings and allowing print jobs to print. with custom paper sizes.

Or-------

When scanning documents using the DADF, the screen displays A4 size paper.

Solution :

In service mode check : LEVEL-1 COPIER>OPTION>FNC-SW>MODEL-SZ = "1" and LEVEL-2 COPIER>OPTION>FNC-SW>SENS-CNF = "1" ("0"= AB configuration / "1" = Inch configuration).
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: IR adv 4245 message the appropriate paper size A4 is not available when using the

Thanks for the info Teckat I will post the results after I go back to that machine