Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Canon IR 3035 jams on power on.

I have a weird problem with this machine, everytime i turn it on it always picksup one sheet from the tray and throws a jam error, after i remove it, it works perfectly until i turn it off and on again.

Jam only happens from trays 2,3 and 4 which are for Legal size, tray 1 works just fine with LTR size, obviously if theres no paper on trays 1,2 or 3 theres no jam at all, but as soon as i put paper on any of them and do a power cycle, it picks up one sheet and jams, everytime.

tried cleaning all rollers, landscape and portrait modes, brand new pickup rollers but still cant solve it, really weird since after removing the jam the machine works perfectly from either tray.

any suggestions?

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    Canon IR 3035 jams on power on.

Re: Canon IR 3035 jams on power on.

I believe you have problem with cassette pedestal.I assume that the machine works perfectly if the cassettes 3 and 4 are empty.When the machine wakes up, pedestal starts to lift the paper and then the clutch or solenoid does not do its job.
    Open end inspect without covers.
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zoraldinho View Post
    I believe you have problem with cassette pedestal.I assume that the machine works perfectly if the cassettes 3 and 4 are empty.When the machine wakes up, pedestal starts to lift the paper and then the clutch or solenoid does not do its job.
    Open end inspect without covers.
    Correct, if theres no paper on trays 2,3 and 4 mac hine works perfectly, tray 1 doesnt have the jam problem. So could it be a faulty solenoid? theres one for each tray i believe.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

There is a solenoid on the pickup unit that has foam that is probably worn out and sticky. Remove the pickup unit and you can see the solenoid. Clean it off and put about 4 pieces of electrical tape cut to size where it was.
    if you just remove it it will still give trouble unless you replace or put something in its place.