Technician

Paper Jam ImageRunner 3100C

Hello everybody

I ve got a problem since days ago, my IR3100 C made some paper jams, I changed 4 kits pickup rollers on it, i tried and printed some pages without problem but now i m stuck on it, i ve got always paper jam on it, i don't know what to do with it.
    If somebody can help me, you will be my savior !!!!

P.S: I've got no error codes.

Re: Paper Jam ImageRunner 3100C

Quote Originally Posted by depanninfo06 View Post
    Hello everybody

I ve got a problem since days ago, my IR3100 C made some paper jams, I changed 4 kits pickup rollers on it, i tried and printed some pages without problem but now i m stuck on it, i ve got always paper jam on it, i don't know what to do with it.
    If somebody can help me, you will be my savior !!!!

P.S: I've got no error codes.
    hiho ,

error codes are only for electrical errors , there are jam codes u can see in the service mode .
    this should be more helpful to solve ure problem.

generally its not possible to solve a jam problem without any information or for e.g. at least a handyphoto of it ..

a jam occouring only in one cassette could result in worn out pickup rollers ... else it could be dirty or hard-dried vertical rollers , defective sensors or maybe the sensor flaggs not swinging free ... and (long list :-) )

pls post jam code and or some photos from the inside and position of the jam ..

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Check to see if you knocked a sensor flag loose while fitting rollers in place, assuming this constant state paper jam happened immediately after. Try removing cassettes one by one to see if that helps isolate which pickup assembly may be in question.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by gen67 View Post
    hiho ,

error codes are only for electrical errors , there are jam codes u can see in the service mode .
    this should be more helpful to solve ure problem.

generally its not possible to solve a jam problem without any information or for e.g. at least a handyphoto of it ..

a jam occouring only in one cassette could result in worn out pickup rollers ... else it could be dirty or hard-dried vertical rollers , defective sensors or maybe the sensor flaggs not swinging free ... and (long list :-) )

pls post jam code and or some photos from the inside and position of the jam ..

Thanks for your help, jam occured in all cassettes and i changed all pickup rollers, i can t have some pics for today, i ll try to post some Monday, the paper jammed before the fuser unit it doesn't come to it.
    I cleaned all inside , for the vertical rollers you mean the double whites on the door and for the sensors, how to find if they broke. Thanks again for your help and sorry for my english (i m french).

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    Check to see if you knocked a sensor flag loose while fitting rollers in place, assuming this constant state paper jam happened immediately after. Try removing cassettes one by one to see if that helps isolate which pickup assembly may be in question.
    All cassettes jammed at the same place before fuser unit, i m sorry to not have some pics but thanks anyway

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Do the cassettes properly indicate the paper size on the control panel? I am wondering if you inadvertantly moved the size dials to the wrong setting as the wrong size usually jams at the fuser area.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    Do the cassettes properly indicate the paper size on the control panel? I am wondering if you inadvertantly moved the size dials to the wrong setting as the wrong size usually jams at the fuser area.

I will check tomorrow but i don't think im wrong on paper sizes, i found on my own it will jam because of paper sizes and secretly hope you're right

when the paper jams before fixing unit it could be the sensor flag of the timing roller (the big silver one on mashine side and the rubber on inside the door).
    or maybe the paper glide sheets (mylar) under the timing roller being cut or have dog-ears.

go to the service menu in U-code 000 and print the event-log , there u will find the jam code (reason) .. this will help to solve the problem