Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon IR5070 error code E840

I am currently getting this error, is there a reset, or a part replacement needed to solve an error code E840. Someone mentioned that the gears were not aligned, or a home position sensor was bent. Thanks for any help

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Its the fixing shutter problem. So check the gears for smooth movement of the shutter, shutter home position sensor, is it being activated by the shutter, (shutter could be bent) also the shutter itself could be causing enough drag from rubbing to cause this. make sure the fixing roller keeper has not fallen off. The fixing assy needs to be timed so be aware of that. there are pins at both ends that are removable so you can place in another hole at each end for timing. Remember to take them back out and put back in where they came from when done. So the next guy can use them for timing. I had to do it one time without the pins. the gear on the shaft that is turned by the stepping motor is usually messed up. in my case i had to replace the shutter. inspect thoroughly all gears.