Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Service logs

Technician

Service logs

Hello, i'm looking for the Canon service logs for the new adv. products (ie: 5550, 65507550 ect.) I have the logs for the previous generations, just like having the consumable part numbers at the machine. Thanks

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Question Re: Service logs

Do you mean the Service Plan?
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Technician

Re: Service logs

Not sure what that is. The service log is for service call activity, what was cleaned, replaced ect. It also has a list of the consumable parts with part numbers

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Most of the service log you can make yourself, as long as you clearly document in order:

Symptoms the machine is displaying,

The problem you discovered, whether it is with the machine (most likely) or unrealistic expectations of machine operation (not as likely but still relevant),

What you did to solve the problem,

And what, if any, parts you used in the process of solving the problem.

You could even knock that out with a spreadsheet in Microsoft Office or LibreOffice or something to have both a service log that is universal to all machines and one that gives you specific insight into the things that are significant to the machines that you service.

In conclusion, all you really need is a PM part list and the intervals of replacement.

I'm not going to be a whole lot of help for that as I worked on very few digital Canon machines (and then mostly as a first contact tech out on the periphery so that the real Canon techs from the mothership would have a better understanding of what was going on before they went there). Sorry.
    Last edited by Iowatech; 04-03-2018 at 10:14 PM. Reason: It's "a", not "the"

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Service logs

Quote Originally Posted by jworthington View Post
    Hello, i'm looking for the Canon service logs for the new adv. products (ie: 5550, 65507550 ect.) I have the logs for the previous generations, just like having the consumable part numbers at the machine. Thanks
    Check the Product Models Service Guides ,They have The Machines Consumable Part # Listings, usually on two pages.

iRADV 60000_8000 Series QA Kits.jpg

================================================== ======================================
    imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9075 Series QA Kits

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**