Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician
    ImagePress C1 doing bizare faulty image

Question ImagePress C1 doing bizare faulty image

Hello.

One of my C1s is doing the faulty print like in the images above:
    all collors a4.jpgdetailed.jpga3 test 10.jpg

I don't have any clue in what is causing this, but in the area of the faulty image, I'v found that some of the granulation is losen and I'v tested with one magnet and only can be developer grains.
    I'v checked the module that have the developing modules, and found the normal dirty and cleaned it.
    One strange thing that I've found, is that the ITB in its surface has a tiny layer developer in its surface, but how this is going in there? Anyway, I've cleaned de ITB and its cleaner and other things, closed the machine, did the default preparations, and tested.

But what is causing this faulty image? And from where is coming this dev. dirty that I found in ITB, in the prints?!

One little thing that maybe not have linked to the problem is that the "ink buffer" is lagging (and some times don't) to deliver black ink to it's developer unit, but again I di not have any clues of what is doing this because if I manually rotates the deliver spiral I's function beautifully!

For any questions, this parts is new:
    - ITB
    - Drum
    - Dev. K
    - Dev. C
    - All parts that do cleaning job
    - Fusion Bel
    - Fusion Tambour
    - Wires, and Plate Grid
    - All rubbers and vedants
    - All filters
    - All vital wires
    - Some mottors
    - All parts of K and M ink deliver
    - Image Transfer Roller
    - the system of residue removal and deliver to bottle as well.
    And the machine continues doing not so good prints

My contacts here don't seen this king of problem before.

Thanks for any advise.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: ImagePress C1 doing bizare faulty image

Bias Issue

The Developing BIAS Input Assembly resides on the front plate of the P-Kit.
    When the Developer Units rotate and are positioned for development, the BIAS tab rubs against the Developing BIAS Input Assembly to receive the developing BIAS.

Pics links of Bias Tabs

Google Image Result for http://www.techsupport.cusa.canon.com/cd/12/resources/34482.jpg

Google Image Result for http://www.techsupport.cusa.canon.com/cd/12/resources/34481.jpg
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Smile Re: ImagePress C1 doing bizare faulty image

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Bias Issue

The Developing BIAS Input Assembly resides on the front plate of the P-Kit.
    When the Developer Units rotate and are positioned for development, the BIAS tab rubs against the Developing BIAS Input Assembly to receive the developing BIAS.

Pics links of Bias Tabs

Google Image Result for http://www.techsupport.cusa.canon.com/cd/12/resources/34482.jpg

Google Image Result for http://www.techsupport.cusa.canon.com/cd/12/resources/34481.jpg

I've cleaned the "FM2-2662-000" and did "(COPIER>OPTION>BODY>PO-CNT to 0)" and the problem is solved, I'v got the E061 after lots of tests and the change of Potential sensor.

Now what?

Notes:
    All developer from M dev module is gone why!? I'v fixed it.

Last edited by Liebendeinsam; 04-10-2018 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liebendeinsam View Post
    I've cleaned the "FM2-2662-000" and did "(COPIER>OPTION>BODY>PO-CNT to 0)" and the problem is solved. I'm not getting E061.
    All developer from M dev module is gone why!? I'v fixed it and now works OK.

I'll try to use one Potential Sensor (FM2-2642-000) from one of the junk printers the I have here...

Tanks. If u come to Iguassu Cataracts (BR), tel me, now you have one more friend.

Thanks for the Invite

Bias is the Glue that prevents Developer from just falling off the cylinder

Technician

Likewise the case "digitalpressvietnam" changing the drum solved the problem of granulation (one drum that is "new" 6 months, clean blue.... ).
    What in the hell caused this degradation on that drum?

Now I'm getting E820-0003, this is a short circuit or something like, this comes and goes like a ghost, the electrical outlets is not giving volts/amps necessary (I'v just removed Drum module and inserted another one and configured all parameters).

Jesus. I just want to recycle all those old machines, buy new ones or rent, stop making myself the maintenance and focusing in other things!
    Finally today we buy one printer from konica, less robust but.... works fine.

Make sure the Primary Corona assembly is mounted correctly.?

The E820-0003 error code with this subcode refers to FM7 ITB Cleaning Cooling Fan.
    This fan provides cooling of delivered paper. The fan connects to the Side Driver PCB at connector J3404 pins 4, 5 and 6.

You can also test the fan via the Parts Check in service mode at COPIER>FUNCTION>PART-CHK and set FAN to 7.

E820-0003 is related to an ITB cooling fan (FM7) error.

The machine warms up fine with FM7 running at 1/2 speed (12V) but, errors out when FM7 goes to full speed (24V) during the copy process. If measured you may read 23VDC at full speed. ?????

Workaround :

In some cases, the primary corona unit was arcing and caused the error code. Inspect the primary corona assembly and ensure that there are no arc marks on the primary corona blocks and that the tag ends of the charge wires are trimmed.

Also
    This is an ITB cooling fan error for FM7.The fan will turn on and run at low speed at start up, but will error out before the copier finishes warming up. After replacing the Fan, Side Driver Pcb, DC-Controller, cutting tie wraps, and checking continuity on the wire harness the error still remains.

Workaround :

When checking voltages to the fan, the fan should run at high speed when the copier is first turned on and 24 volts should be present on connector J259 pin 3 shown in the diagram below.
    When the fan slows down to low speed, 12 volts will be present on the same pin of connector J259.
    In this case, there was only 12 volts when the machine was turned on, and the fan ran at low speed all the time. Something was taken down the 24 volts. After removing 24 volt loads one at a time from the Side Driver Pcb, it was discovered that unplugging the Primary Corona Wire Cleaner Motor caused the 24 volts to return to the fan and the machine booted up normally. In this case the Primary Corona Wire Cleaning Motor was taking down the 24 volts.
    The Primary Corona Assembly was replaced, to resolve the issue. The primary corona Cleaner Motor part number is FL2-0991-000 and the Primary Corona Assembly is FM2-2496-000.

Pic link

Dropbox - 23816.jpg

Technician

Cool Re: ImagePress C1 doing bizare faulty image

teckat.

The E0820-0003 is a random short circuit relationed to something in the dev./drum drawer. I'v just opened inspected and closed. Now it's running.
    This C1 that I was fixing has this bad behavior some times.

Without you I'll never have think that is the Drum the problem.

Tanks man, and come to Iguassu Falls one day visit. I'll do to you a free guidance about the tourism locals.

Quote Originally Posted by Liebendeinsam View Post
    teckat.

The E0820-0003 is a random short circuit relationed to something in the dev./drum drawer. I'v just opened inspected and closed. Now it's running.
    This C1 that I was fixing has this bad behavior some times.

Without you I'll never have think that is the Drum the problem.

Tanks man, and come to Iguassu Falls one day visit. I'll do to you a free guidance about the tourism locals.

COLOR HAND.jpggood luck

MARCIO ANDRE

[QUOTE = Liebendeinsam; 600947] Olá.

Um dos meus C1s está fazendo a impressão defeituosa como nas imagens acima:
    all collors a4.jpgdetailed.jpga3 test 10.jpg

Eu não tenho nenhuma pista sobre o que está causando isso, mas na área da imagem defeituosa, descobri que parte da granulação é perdida e eu v testado com um ímã e só pode ser grãos de revelação.
    Eu verifiquei o módulo que tem os módulos de desenvolvimento, e encontrei o normal sujo e limpo.
    Uma coisa estranha que eu encontrei, é que o ITB em sua superfície tem um desenvolvedor de camada minúscula em sua superfície, mas como isso está acontecendo lá? De qualquer forma, eu limpei o ITB e seu limpador e outras coisas, fechei a máquina, fiz os preparativos padrão e testei.

Mas o que está causando essa imagem defeituosa? E de onde vem esse dev. sujo que eu encontrei no ITB,

Uma pequena coisa que talvez não esteja ligada ao problema é que o "buffer de tinta" está atrasado (e algumas vezes não) para entregar tinta preta à sua unidade de desenvolvimento, mas novamente eu não tenho nenhuma pista do que está fazendo isso. porque se eu girar manualmente a função de entregar a espiral, eu estou lindamente!

Para quaisquer questões, esta parte é nova:
    - ITB
    - Drum
    - Dev. K
    - Dev. C
    - Todas as peças que fazem trabalho de limpeza
    - Fusion Bel
    - Tambour de fusão
    - Fios e Grade de placas
    - Todas as borrachas e vedantes
    - Todos os filtros
    - Todos os fios vitais
    - Alguns motores
    - Todas as partes da tinta K e M oferecem
    - Rolo de transferência de imagem
    - o sistema de remoção de resíduos e entrega à garrafa também.
    E a máquina continua fazendo impressões não tão boas

Meus contatos aqui não viram esse problema antes.

Obrigado por qualquer conselho. [/ QUOTE]

SIM ja peguei este defeito troque o cilindro esta com defeito mas troque tb a grade da corona

Bands

Do you get a double band on Large Paper ( 11x17)- A3 size

bands.jpg

When Potential Control is turned off, is the banding is resolved.
    --Check your Potential Sensor Connector.

Potential Sensor PCB Assembly (includes the Harness)
    (FM2-2642-000)

Crossfeed Bands----inspect/ replace
    Laser Scanner Assembly (FM2-6066-010)

Does the starter to toner mixture feel grainy to the touch for Copies and Prints

You may also have a Bias Issue
    Developing BIAS Input Assembly resides on the front plate of the P-Kit. When the Developer Units rotate and are positioned for development, the BIAS tab rubs against the Developing BIAS Input Assembly to receive the developing BIAS. It is possible the machine could experience loss of colors intermittently and therefore needs replacement. The part number is FM2-2662-000.