Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blank page only

Technician

Angry Blank page only

Hi
    I hope you can help me with this because I'm fighting this problem for almost four months.

I have CLC 1150 connected to ColorPass z40e RIP. The copier works fine when copies, but when tried to print from the RIP all I got are blank pages. I tried to print test page from the RIP, config page etc, result is same - blank page. I'm able to connect from a PC trough LAN to the RIP and that's working fine. All user tools are working. Also tried to send test page from the PC, same result. Tried multiple pages, same result ....

I bought the configuration used, and by previous owner it worked, but when I got it I had many problems till I got to this point (fixing printer's fan, fixing and restoring the RIP, etc) and now when I though I got it, this problem showed up ... no luck with this printer at all.
    So, if anybody can help me, give me some clue is there something I have to check on the printer, or something on the RIP or whatever, I would really highly appreciate ...

Thanks in advance
    Meris

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    is there a setting in service mode that says it has the box hooked up? like the other Canon machines? I dont remember being able to print to a Canon copier when in this setting, so reason why i ask how are you able to print using pc unless you change the setting in service mode to do so.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by yourownfree View Post
    is there a setting in service mode that says it has the box hooked up? like the other Canon machines? I dont remember being able to print to a Canon copier when in this setting, so reason why i ask how are you able to print using pc unless you change the setting in service mode to do so.
    Thanks for your replay yourownfree

I found in COPIER>OPTION>INT-FACE switch named B-CLR. It is used to specify presence / absence of a copy data controller. I tried to switch it to 1 (1 for connected) and tried to print test page, but same result. Interesting is when I turn off then turn on the copier, the switch is reset to 0 again. It looks like won't keep that setting.

Also, there is COPIER>DISPLAY>ACC-STS>DATA-CON status that shows the data controller is NOT connected to the box.
    So to me according the copier behavior, the copier does not recognize that a RIP, or external controller, is connected to it.

Any opinion on this?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    let me see if i have a book and look into it

Technician

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by yourownfree View Post
    let me see if i have a book and look into it
    Thanks a lot for your effort ..

Technician
    You could try removing the IP-ED/IF PCB and re-seating it, you should not need to change any settings in options, from what you are saying the CLC is not seeing the IP-ED/IF PCB also Function>Clear>MMI-COPY, can resolve strange problems!

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by prada View Post
    You could try removing the IP-ED/IF PCB and re-seating it, you should not need to change any settings in options, from what you are saying the CLC is not seeing the IP-ED/IF PCB also Function>Clear>MMI-COPY, can resolve strange problems!
    I already pull out and put back in IP-ED/IF PCB before, and got same result.
    Just tried to clear MMI-COPY but ... .... same result!!!!!!

Thanks a lot. Didn't fix my problem, but at least for second give me hope and I though "that could be it" ...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    its been awhile for me cant seem to remember how i set them up. I do remember i had to use windows 2000 because something wouldn't recognize xp, not sure what that was now. You might be right about the printing part. Able to print with pc but not controller. I think you had to have the magical ip address in the copier for the controller to see then set up the controller for the network. I had a separate cd player hooked to the controller to install system software. If there is no option for the controller, i looked in the book, "remote" in interface was to allow the copier or controller to take over. It looks like you have a book from the info given on the other switch you talked about. You know just for kicks try setting remote to a 1 then reboot or a 2 and reboot or a 3 and reboot. it goes from 0-7 but most likely low number. No i think you have to tell the copier you have an external controller. options > INT-FACE>REMOTE use either 1 or 2 according to the book, dont forget to reboot to take effect

Technician
    Thanks for the respond.
    On the machine, originally was NT 4.0. Since it has the graph. card which is used for connection to copier, I stick with the OS because the driver may not be compatible with W2K or XP.
    I cannot print ether from the RIP or a PC connected to RIP. I wish I can print from PC I wouldn't care about printing from RIP.

I discovered new thing. I cleared DC-CON, R-CON and MMI-COPY and now the copier shows 1 on DISPLAY>ACC-STS>PS-XJ. I tested, when RIP is off, the PS-XJ shows 0, when RIP is on it shows 1. Yippee ... At least something works.
    But, still same problem.
    Will try with setting REMOTE switch and will let you know.

Thanks

Technician
    I still have a few of these out in the field, resetting the DC + R Con will reset the options to default settings, I have never had to change these settings from default. But REMOTE is set to 2. You might want to check the cable from the RIP to the copier then remove the RIP, remove memory, clean with ink rubber etc and re-seat in the same slots, as well as any other PCB's (Video board, HDD connectors etc. When you are able to print a RIP test page you should have no problem printing from Win 2000 or XP. I could email you a manual if this will help!