Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Compatible gpr16 toner

Compatible gpr16 toner

Has anyone had issues with the new style compatible toners for the 3245 imagerunner? We have used a certain compatible toner for years. They have changed the cartridge style in the past few months. It's actually a 15/16 compatible. Well, actually it's a gpr15. We are having major trouble with this new style catching to rotate. Have had to go out to a few customers and fiddle with the cartridge to get it to catch..

I first thought I was having hopper problems. But 7 at once?! And I replaced a couple hoppers. Same problem. I can't be the only one surely.

Anyone else??

I ordered from my other compatible vendor and they sent the same identical carts!

I know OEM is the way to go but I have had excellent luck on these the past 5 years until like 3 months ago.

Or is there a gpr16 compatible that is actually a gpr16 design now?

Thanks!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Compatible gpr16 toner

Re: Compatible gpr16 toner

I
    think I know the cartridges you're talking about. I had 1 problem with them not catching but have had cq issues and unexplained fuser jams. Once we vacuumed and put in new, everything was fine. Got this article. Maybe this explains why you can' get the cartridges you used to get.
    On February 28, 2018, Canon sued 36 manufacturers, wholesalers, and dealers of new build compatible replacement cartridges for infringement of seven recently-obtained Canon Patents.
    CLOVER’S REMANUFACTURED PRODUCTS ARE NOT IMPLICATED IN THIS LATEST ROUND OF OEM PATENT ENFORCEMENT AGAINST NEW BUILD COMPATIBLE CARTRIDGES
    The accused products include compatible versions of some of the most popular Canon and HP monochrome cartridges.
    The accused parties include:
    • Ninestar Technology Company Ltd. / Ninestar Corporation / Ninestar Image Tech Limited / Apex Microtech Ltd.
    • Static Control Components, Inc.
    • Aster Graphics, Inc./ Jiangxi Yibo E-Tech co., Ltd. / Aster Graphics Co., Ltd.
    • LD Products, Inc.
    • 9010-8077 Quebec Inc.
    • Acecom, Inc. – San Antonio
    • ACM Technologies, Inc.
    • Apex Excel Limited
    • Arlington Industries, Inc.
    • Billiontree Technology USA Inc.
    • Bluedog Distribution Inc.
    • CLT Computers, Inc.
    • Do It Wiser LLC
    • EIS Office Solutions, Inc.
    • Ereplacements, LLC
    • Fairland LLC
    • Frontier Imaging Inc.
    • Ftrade Inc.
    • Garvey’s Office Products, Inc.
    • Global Cartridges
    • GPC Trading Co., Limited
    • Hong Kong Boze Co., Limited
    • I8 International, Inc.
    • Ink Technologies Printer Supplies, LLC
    • Kuhlmann Enterprises, Inc.
    • Linkyo Corp.
    • Master Print Supplies, Inc.
    • Online Tech Stores LLC / Imaging Supplies Investors LLC
    • Ourway US Inc. / Kingway Image Co. Ltd. / Ourway Image Tech Co., Ltd / Ourway Image Co. Ltd. / Zhuhai Aowei Electronics Co., Ltd
    • Print After Print, Inc.
    • Print-Rite N.A., Inc. / Print-Rite Holdings Ltd / Union Technology Intl (M.C.O.) Co. Ltd / Print-Rite Unicorn Image Products Co. Ltd.
    • Reliable Imaging Computer Products, Inc.
    • The Supplies Guys, LLC
    • V4ink, Inc.
    • World Class Ink Supply, Inc.
    • Zinyaw LLC

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Compatible gpr16 toner

Unhappy Re: Compatible gpr16 toner

Quote Originally Posted by copicatt View Post
    Has anyone had issues with the new style compatible toners for the 3245 imagerunner? We have used a certain compatible toner for years. They have changed the cartridge style in the past few months. It's actually a 15/16 compatible. Well, actually it's a gpr15. We are having major trouble with this new style catching to rotate. Have had to go out to a few customers and fiddle with the cartridge to get it to catch..

I first thought I was having hopper problems. But 7 at once?! And I replaced a couple hoppers. Same problem. I can't be the only one surely.

Anyone else??

I ordered from my other compatible vendor and they sent the same identical carts!

I know OEM is the way to go but I have had excellent luck on these the past 5 years until like 3 months ago.

Or is there a gpr16 compatible that is actually a gpr16 design now?

Thanks!
    I've had the same issue with a 3245 and an Adv4045. I have used Katun toners since 1996 and never had issues until recently. The headaches were enough to cause me to go OEM across the board now which really cuts into the profit.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Compatible gpr16 toner

I've used a lot of their toners for many years. The GPR16 gave me trouble from the start and I stopped using it long ago.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Compatible gpr16 toner

I am surprised the OP doesn't complain about cleaning roller buildup or dev unit light. I have vacuumed the gen toner out of a dev once to restore quality. I wont do it again.