Canon ImagePress C7000 E020-492

This is just for informational purposes no response needed. i will post in case someone has a similar issue or i forget about it.

We had a client with a Canon ImagePress C7000 E020-492 code . The things we changed were the drum, the developer station, most of the process station, the DC 1-2 board. Also cleared the DC con, cleaned out the auger feeding tubes and hand cranked toner through it. the charger we had new grid and wire on it. The issue we were having is after installing new developer AY and inputting ALF-K value everything passed and setup. once we started running the density of black kept going down until it would code. If we put some toner into the black sub hopper the DEN-S-K and DEN-K values would start moving in the right direction. We fixed this by putting a new charger in the Black position. we swapped with Cyan and the Cyan started to behave the same way. we think the charger must have been shorting onto the drum somehow and creating a weird issue. a lot of work for a cheap part. we haven't been changing out the charger AY hardly ever and i guess having this experience we may start to follow the recommendation of the QA kits and replace those housings at the recommended interval.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon ImagePress C7000   E020-492

Re: Canon ImagePress C7000 E020-492

Quote Originally Posted by markdmt View Post
    This is just for informational purposes no response needed. i will post in case someone has a similar issue or i forget about it.

We had a client with a Canon ImagePress C7000 E020-492 code . The things we changed were the drum, the developer station, most of the process station, the DC 1-2 board. Also cleared the DC con, cleaned out the auger feeding tubes and hand cranked toner through it. the charger we had new grid and wire on it. The issue we were having is after installing new developer AY and inputting ALF-K value everything passed and setup. once we started running the density of black kept going down until it would code. If we put some toner into the black sub hopper the DEN-S-K and DEN-K values would start moving in the right direction. We fixed this by putting a new charger in the Black position. we swapped with Cyan and the Cyan started to behave the same way. we think the charger must have been shorting onto the drum somehow and creating a weird issue. a lot of work for a cheap part. we haven't been changing out the charger AY hardly ever and i guess having this experience we may start to follow the recommendation of the QA kits and replace those housings at the recommended interval.

Macgyver.jpg "MacGyver is Back"
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Cool Re: Canon ImagePress C7000 E020-492 Lower limit error in developer density DISPLA

Lower limit error in developer densityDISPLAY>DENS>DENS-S-Y/M/C/K is -5 % or less for 3 times continuously

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon ImagePress C7000   E020-492

Re: Canon ImagePress C7000 E020-492 Lower limit error in developer density DISPLA

Quote Originally Posted by alaa55 View Post
    Lower limit error in developer densityDISPLAY>DENS>DENS-S-Y/M/C/K is -5 % or less for 3 times continuously

The manual is only a point direction to start.
    Many factors contribute to Density Issues.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

What is the reason for this and Canon ImagePress C6000
    Macgyver.jpg "MacGyver is Back"[/QUOTE]
    2.jpg3.jpg1.jpg

Senior Tech 100+ Posts khattab.al.masry's Avatar

I would be to my contribute to be useful:
    i faced the same error but with other sub code (E020-0192)
    that related to yellow color so we checked the following readings:
    1-level 1----copier----display----den-y was as default reading
    2-level 1----copier----display----window-y was as default reading
    3-level 2----copier----display----dens-s-y was not with default reading (300:500) it was 950
    i run drum reset the default reading for DENS-S-Y reads 350
    so the the case is solved
    i hope to be helpful.